• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF:No penalties for APR results(From Greg's Blog)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  420
  • Days Won:  0

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

USF will not face any penalties such as loss of scholarships as a result of the NCAA Academic Progress Report results that will be released Wednesday, assistant athletic director John Gerdes said Tuesday.

USF had two sports fall below the NCAA's threshold score of 925 last season -- football at 921 and men's basketball at 893 -- but both were within the allowable range once a squad-size adjustment was made to account for a limited number of years within the range. The APR measures a program's ability to keep its athletes academically eligible and retained in school on progress to graduate.

Florida International won't be as lucky -- athletic director Pete Garcia told the Miami Herald that FIU will forfeit 12 scholarships, including nine from its fledgling football program, as a result of substandard APR scores. The Panthers' men's basketball team will be down two scholarships as well, with one scholarship taken from the baseball program.

Check back Wednesday for sport-by-sport results from USF's APR scores. ...

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Gotta get those score up for the years to come.

Great news though

• Content Count:  594

Good for us, but the "squad size adjustment" is a complete scam.

Only BCS schools get "squad size adjustments" despite the fact that every team has the same number of scholarship athletes. Teams like Kent State, who barely have enough money to even compete, get sanctions, while BCS schools skate by with far worse APRs. It's a shame, but that's the NCAA for ya.

• Content Count:  63

We are doing better as Leavitt improves the academics of the FB recruits each year. Every coach wants good academic kids because they generally translate into good character kids, BUT the key is finding good academic kids who can play D1 football, especially with the more established schools getting first shot at these kids. Leavitt has done a fine job of balancing bringing in kids who are players and continually trying to improve academics.

• Content Count:  7,890

That FIU program is in trouble. My friend went there and told me that they take just about anyone to play football

• Content Count:  1,911

I'm curious to see where O'Leary's boys end up...since they only bring in high character kids and what not, I would expect them to be in the top 10 percent, at least.

• Content Count:  16

I'm curious to see where O'Leary's boys end up...since they only bring in high character kids and what not, I would expect them to be in the top 10 percent, at least.

Football

USF  910  20-30th

UCF  928  40-50th

Archived