• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rutgers VS USF rivalry???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Tell that to our caravaning fans going to tonights baseball game against..........you guessed it UCF.  I didn't see any of these threads when we were playing Stetson.  Distance is just one of many 'factors' when considering someone a rival, so I've always been one to count UCF as the closest thing we've got to a legitimate rivalry.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  0

I think I look forward to the UCF football game every year more than any other game on our schedule. Simply for the reason of "our rivalry" with them. We are both growing programs in FLA and yeah, so what if we are ahead of them, its still a rivalry. USF vs UCF are some of the funnest games to attend, and now we get them in Basketball....i cant wait!!

• Content Count:  1,757

Distance IS the factor with ucf.  There is no university the size of ucf (that plays D-1 football) closer than Orlando.  The fact that they've blown every chance at cashing in on the State of Florida potential for college football greatness and are extremely jealous makes it pretty much one-sided.  I'd say we just dislike UCF.  They HATE us.  

I'd consider UL or Cincinnatti or even RU our rival first.  Don't both teams have to be able to win to make it a rivalry?    

Of course you don't see these threads when we play Stetson.  HCC is bigger than Stetson.  Hell there are high schools in this city with a bigger enrollment.    

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

We brought more people to the UCF game than both of our bowl games and the Miami game combined and it's not a rival?

You're on drugs.

Our largest home crowd against UCF, and it's not a rival?

So FAMU is our next largest rival ....

A larger crowd then us bringing in a ranked Rutgers or Louisville team and it's not a rival?

Both those games had more USF fans there than were at the UCF game...

Sure, we're destroying them on and off the field right now, but that doesn't mean the rivalry ends.  West Virginia and Marshall is still a rivalry and West Virginia is lightyears ahead.

How can it be a true rival when they don't even play 1-1's .... That's ludicrous. Keep reaching....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Tell that to our caravaning fans going to tonights baseball game against..........you guessed it UCF.  I didn't see any of these threads when we were playing Stetson.  Distance is just one of many 'factors' when considering someone a rival, so I've always been one to count UCF as the closest thing we've got to a legitimate rivalry.

Distance is the ONLY factor in trying to make this a rivalry. If you want to create a category called "geographic rivalries", I'd buy into it .... Like UM and FIU.

• Content Count:  1,260

I think I look forward to the UCF football game every year more than any other game on our schedule. Simply for the reason of "our rivalry" with them. We are both growing programs in FLA and yeah, so what if we are ahead of them, its still a rivalry. USF vs UCF are some of the funnest games to attend, and now we get them in Basketball....i cant wait!!

It only becomes a rivalry when both sides win.....

Archived