• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why I hate the Gators (or supporting reasons to)

Guest wildrover

Guest wildrover

So I'm talking with a friend of mine this morning and he unfortunately is a UF alum.  He went on a little bit about how History was made (cause UF is the first school to repeat you know ever and probably will be the only school to ever do it again  ::) and then the meat of the conversation turns to how the refs were coddling Oden and calling cheap fouls against UF and they were making sure no one touched Oden.  Are kidding me, your team one the game, and handidly at that and you are complaining about the refs?

So then he may have realized that he was dominating the conversation with UF talk so not to be rude he shifted the covnersation to USF and their new BBall coach and how much he sucks and it was a bad hire and how Arkansas should have fired him etc. etc.

So in summary:  This UF fan the day after his team wins the NC for the second straight time spends time trashing the games refs and then trashing his friends new bball coach, real classy

In a lighter note, last week I was at a Pittsburgh spring training game and I sat next to a guy who got his undergrad at FSU and his law degree at Miami.  We got to talking about the tourney and we both agreed that UF had a great shot at it but I added that though I think they have a good team I hate that school with every inch of my being, I hate them even more than I hate the red sox or yankees.  Before I could say anything else he said "Oh the reason you hate Florida is because of their fans..."  

How did he know?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

UF Fans = Joke

• Content Count:  1,260

Can't wait until the day that everyone hates us as much as Gator Nation....because that means we must be winning  ;)

Guest wildrover

I don't hate the Gators because of their success, if that were the case then I would have to hate Miami even more then them and FSU just as much.  Not to mention the Alabama's, Notre Dame's Michigan's UCLA's, Dukes and Kentucky's of the world all more than the Gators because all of those schools have had more success in either football or basketball than the Gators.  As you should have been able to comprehend from my post, my disdain for that school comes from the arrogance and condasending nature of their fans, pure and simple.  

I heard one the other day say that everyone in Tampa is a Gator fan.  I was in a bar a couple of years ago when UF was playing FSU in baseball and a girl asked us who we were rooting for and I said I could care less and she said well you should root for Florida then.  I bet if you took a poll of which school has the most hated fans in the state of Florida UF would win hands down.  I also understand their obnoxious ways is something they take great pride in so maybe they like the fact everyone hates em so much.  I guess if thats what does if for ya.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Can't wait until the day that everyone hates us as much as Gator Nation....because that means we must be winning  ;)

Most native Floridians that hate UF have hated them long before they were winners. A 20 or 30 year old quote described them perfectly: "The arrogance of Notre Dame with the tradition of Wake Forest."

• Content Count:  2,239

I thought that was coined during the CWS back in 2005.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

I thought that was coined during the CWS back in 2005.

Nope. It was Dan Jenkins, sports writer, way back when...

Archived