• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Book Signing: A Raging Bull...Chasing the Big Time

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

Just a reminder that Tony Grier will be on hand and signing copies of his book about USF Basketball, the Sun Dome, fatherhood, and life.

Inkwood Books      (Book Signing: Tuesday, March 27th  2007 6:00 PM….)

216 S Armenia Ave, Tampa, FL

(813) 253-2638  (South Tampa)

Welcome to Inkwood Books, Tampa's only full service INDEPENDENT bookstore, in a 1920's bungalow designed for browsing, with a selection from the popular to the obscure. We pride ourselves on our service as well as our selection and look ...

www.inkwoodbooks.com

Get out there and support a fellow Bull....anyone who would write a book and include a quote from me, a story from NormalBull and a reference to a party with mutt certainly knows how to entertain...

I've read it, it's a great book.

Who saw Hoop Dreams?  Great tie-in there I never knew about...and I am not talking about William Gates playing in the NIT against Chucky and our Bulls...Tony tells another great story about how lives cross, amazing.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REMINDER - BOOK SIGNING IS TOMORROW, TUESDAY 03/27

aragingbullad2.jpg

sundome02.jpg

http://www.aragingbull.com/

Get out and meet Tony today (Tuesday) and talk a little basketball with someone who's actually been there!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Wish I could be there.  Really enjoyed the long phone conversations with TG as he was writing the book.  What memories.

Normal

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

I was there.  I bought the book and got Tony's autograph - obviously.

Tony gave a nice speech about his book and told some hints about what you would read in his book.  He also told us the motivation behind writing the book and a little about his childhood and why USF is so special to him.

I cannot wait to start reading the book.

Tony is a great guy and I was glad to meet him.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

Let us know if there are any more. I wasnt able to make it tonight.

Bulls Heaven       (Book Signing: Friday, April 6th 2007 6:00 PM….. )

Authentic Team Merchandise   (Proceeds to benefit Tampa Boys & Girls Club)

14823 N. Florida Avenue

Tampa, Florida  33613

813-908-2827 (USF Area)

TAMPA, FL – March 19, 2007 – Tony Grier, former University of South Florida (USF) basketball star and author of “A Raging Bull: Chasing the Big Time,” will be at Authentic Team Merchandise, “It’s Bucs and Bulls Heaven” to sign autographs for fans on Friday, April 6, 2007.

Grier will be on-hand from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. to meet, talk with and sign autographs for fans.  Books will be on sale and there will be a $5 autograph donation; all proceeds will benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Tampa Bay.  Additionally, attendees will meet other former USF basketball stars such as Charlie Bradley, Radenko Dobras and more.  

“A Raging Bull: Chasing the Big Time” explores the courageous USF basketball journey, the challenges and how they were met, and how the program became what it is today.  Grier takes readers back to the inaugural team of 1970, the beginning of the Sun Dome in 1980, and the parallel progress of Tampa in the last 25 years.  

To get to “It’s Bucs and Bulls Heaven,” folks can take I-275 to Fletcher Avenue and go north of Florida Avenue, or take Bearss Avenue exit and go south on Florida Avenue. The store is located on the east side of the street at 14823 North Florida Avenue, just south of Bearss.  

For more information, please contact Jeffrey Neil Fox at 813-908-BUCS (2827) or visit www.bucgear.com.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  695

There were 4 of us that drove over from Pinellas. We bought our books and had them autographed.  Enjoyed the time with Tony a fellow BULL alumni.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  56

I can't begin to tell you how much "USF Bull" love was evident last night at the book signing. Thanks are in order to all who attended, thought about it or may attend future signings...We really have a wonderful support community in place...

It is my hope that "A Raging Bull" might help tap into new territory by having some history documented...Bob, Fontana did not have the study lounge during your time:-) It was later on they decided to create a "study" environment for students...Thanks for all the posts and Doug Hatch you have to sign a copy for me.

Bulliever, thanks for believing..Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797

Tony:

Done.  We'll trade autographed copies.  Call me.

DH