• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CBSSportsline on Grant, South Florida, etc.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Days Won:  0

i doubt we get Grant...he isnt dumb.  he knows that one more year at VCU and one more tourney apperance and his next contract goes up by 200,000

There is no guarantee he will have another good yaer next year at VCU, he may take the upgrade while he has a chance

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

Would he take the USF job and then bolt for the Canes in a few yrs if indeed that job were to open up, probably, but still worth having him for a few yrs.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I'd take him for those 3 years, in hopes that he'd stick around longer, but if he bolts for the canes, that means the 3 years were fairly successful here or the canes wouldn't even want him.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

He's already denied interest in the job, and will get a top job in the country in the next few years. I just think the lack of support and funding in the program is what scared him off the 1st time and has ascared hinm off again.

As for dropping off. That Maynor kid is only a sophomore and he's been their leader the second half of the season. They return a lot next year.

With Grant it's beyond the salary. He was very selective in his 1st coaching job, turning down several gigs over the years until VCU came calling. I wouldn't expect him to change his philosophy on that again.

That being said you gotta make a run on this guy, he's a great coach who I would love to have on this sideline. I just don't know if dropping a salary would be totally persuasive.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

Woolard sounds commited to hiring a top notch coach.  Don't underestimate his ability to pull this off.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Do we know for certain that he would love to take the Miami job?

Sure, he spent a few years there as a teenager, but he doesn't have any tangible link to UM.

If we're only talking geography here, USF isn't exactly all that far away from the city of Miami.

Dear Rich Booster Guys...

Please break out the check books and donate what we need to throw an "eye-popping" salary at Coach Grant.

I'll be your best friend if you do.

Thanks.

-- Mid-Atlantic-Bull

It's gonna take more than a salary, he's gonna want facility upgrades, recruiting budget increases, etc.

If Wollard commits to that he'll listen, I just think the USF job is not what Anthony Grant, the hottest coaching prospect out there, is looking for when moving to the next level.

I've changed what I believed, I thought he would run from VCU as fast as he could. However, I think he returns to VCU  and waits for a huge job, which he'll get.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

It is a risk to stay if VCU has a down year, but it is also a bigger reward if he has two successful seasons as head coach. It is his call right now, and I dont think USF will be able to lure him away if we do go after him. This guy will keep his eye on the Miami job if they fire their coach after next season. If Miami has a good year next season then Grant wont be getting that job anytime soon in my opinion.

I don't think his stock dives if they have an off year. Grant has long been considered a future stud coach as well as one of the best recruiters out there and the VCU performance (both on and off the court) proves it.

I see it like Capel when he was there. They had a great year (he declined several jobs) then 2 off years, he then gets a killer contract from Oklahoma (up to 850,000/yr)