• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will USF invest...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

in the sundome to make it like the gators arena.

they are the same base buildings, right?

are we going to spend the $$$$$

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

That's the plan...

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

We are going to invest in the SunDome but it won't look anything like what the Gators have done.  I'm sure this has been discussed before but our plan is to redo the seating, enclosing the corners so that it is a true bowl.  The concourse as it exists will be eliminated and suites will be added.  The second level will be moved forward towards the top of the suites.  It will have more of a look of a smaller St. Pete Times Forum than the Gator Arena.

Eric

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

We are going to invest in the SunDome but it won't look anything like what the Gators have done.  I'm sure this has been discussed before but our plan is to redo the seating, enclosing the corners so that it is a true bowl.  The concourse as it exists will be eliminated and suites will be added.  The second level will be moved forward towards the top of the suites.  It will have more of a look of a smaller St. Pete Times Forum than the Gator Arena.

Eric

Any kind of timetable on that? Personally, all I needed was the new scoreboards but that other stuff sounds ok, too.... although, If I'd have known you were going to remove the concourse (I'm assuming that's the walkway separating the first and second level) I may have kept my old seats.

Eric... will some seats be removed and replaced by bench seats... for the students?  Think of Cameron Indoor... that's if you know what I'm talking about.

I'm not sure if I have ever seen the students (by mid court) sit during a game, so it may add more room for students at mid court.

I'm just wondering what they would do differently with the seats… if any.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Eric... will some seats be removed and replaced by bench seats... for the students?  Think of Cameron Indoor... that's if you know what I'm talking about.

I'm not sure if I have ever seen the students (by mid court) sit during a game, so it may add more room for students at mid court.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, USFan....

HOW ABOUT THOSE VCU RAMS?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?

rams_logo1.jpg

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

I think all the seats will be chairbacks.  Because the SunDome hosts other events it doesn't make sense from that stand point to put bench seats in some of your prime areas.  A timetable I would expect not necessarily for next season but hopefully for the 2008-09 season.  Depends on if we try and do it by phases or all at once.

Eric

I think all the seats will be chairbacks.  Because the SunDome hosts other events it doesn't make sense from that stand point to put bench seats in some of your prime areas.  A timetable I would expect not necessarily for next season but hopefully for the 2008-09 season.  Depends on if we try and do it by phases or all at once.

Eric

ah... yes.

Forgot about that.

Never mind

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, USFan....

HOW ABOUT THOSE VCU RAMS?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?

rams_logo1.jpg

haha. Yea... it was tough.

You know... I wasn't a fan until I stepped into Cameron Indoor.  However, things changed big time after watching a game in there.  The experience does live up to its hype… that's for sure.

It's a young team and they'll (we'll) get better.  It's amazing how people in the US are enjoying this Duke loss.  The hate is unreal.  It's like the NY Yankees.

HOWEVER... if USF was in their position and USF lost that game... I think I would be in complete denial right now (Insert UConn football game of 2005).