• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What does Amarri mean by this?

Guest r_to_the_izzo

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

ding ding ding......... which is why it did not belong on this board. I knew it would make it here but I kept my mouth shut about it because this board makes things bigger than they are.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

small town ignorance.  I have trouble supporting someone who would do something like that.  Just because you are a character doesnt mean you have character.   I wish Ean Randolph was coming back.  

Go BULLS

I don't understand how a simple statement made in his FACEBOOK STATUS, likely intended for his friends (or at least his Facebook friends) is "small town ignorance" and a testament to his character or lack thereof. It seems it was us (the BullsPen community) who made it a big deal, not him.

Indeed, some here showed us big-city knee-jerk stupidity and ignorance to boot.  

This just in, Trip said he's going pro!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

This just in, Trip said he's going pro!!

See, this is how those nasty little rumors get started .... Brett's already PM'd me.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

ding ding ding......... which is why it did not belong on this board. I knew it would make it here but I kept my mouth shut about it because this board makes things bigger than they are.

No schit! ;D

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

you guys are funny.  a bunch of chicken littles around here.   then for the ones who start to immediately act like Amarri would not be a HUGE loss to our team.  he is one of the leaders of the team and his energy is something that you can't replace.  he is going to be one of our top 3 playmakers this season and quite possibly the highest NFL draft pick to date (depending who has a better year, him or jenkins)  calling him alligator arms?  please.....he will be just fine.  him and taurus will be a deadly combo for grothe.  

by the way....    i was LOL at the sheriff.  lets hope he doesnt get into coaching ever.  i could just see the recruiting violations now.  that scene from he got game comes to mind.  

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Yea, the NFl is usually big on drafting guys who had one huge game in their collegiate career and not much before or after that.  The NFL loves players that didnt make the 1st or 2nd All Big East team and wouldnt have made the 3rd or 4th either their junoir year.  The NFL loves guys who didnt finish in the top 10 in conference in receptions or receiving yards, while 2 other receivers on his team did in at least one of those categories.  The NFL wants the 2nd best reveiver on USF.  i dont care if Amari thinks he should be drafted and said he was going to test the waters, there is no way he makes it in the NFL (and im usually favorably biased when it comes to usf players going to the pros), maybe in Europe but not here.   I think Huey Whitaker is built for the NFl over Amari.

Wouldnt be a HUGE loss to some of us because last year we were expecting a break out season and he was non-existent.  

alligator arms - when a receiver goes across the middle and shortens his arms to embrace a hit.  Seen amari do it like 10 times last year.  

Sorry if some kid on our team holding his nuts immaturely talking about usf and not comng back upsets some of us.  how dare us.  You can support those actions all you want, i wont.  Was he a huggins recruit?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Yea, the NFl is usually big on drafting guys who had one huge game in their collegiate career and not much before or after that.  The NFL loves players that didnt make the 1st or 2nd All Big East team and wouldnt have made the 3rd or 4th either their junoir year.  The NFL loves guys who didnt finish in the top 10 in conference in receptions or receiving yards, while 2 other receivers on his team did in at least one of those categories.  The NFL wants the 2nd best reveiver on USF.  i dont care if Amari thinks he should be drafted and said he was going to test the waters, there is no way he makes it in the NFL (and im usually favorably biased when it comes to usf players going to the pros), maybe in Europe but not here.   I think Huey Whitaker is built for the NFl over Amari.

Wouldnt be a HUGE loss to some of us because last year we were expecting a break out season and he was non-existent.  

alligator arms - when a receiver goes across the middle and shortens his arms to embrace a hit.  Seen amari do it like 10 times last year.  

Sorry if some kid on our team holding his nuts immaturely talking about usf and not comng back upsets some of us.  how dare us.  You can support those actions all you want, i wont.  [highlight]Was he a huggins recruit?[/highlight]

I don't think so ..... no felony charges.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Sorry if some kid on our team holding his nuts immaturely talking about usf and not comng back upsets some of us.  how dare us.  You can support those actions all you want, i wont.  Was he a huggins recruit?

I think what's most egregious here isn't that some folks "dared" to get upset about the possibility of Amarri leaving, but that this action was taken because he said in his facebook STATUS (perhaps THE most fluid field on facebook) something which, in the second-hand transmission (as most people on this board didn't see it on facebook) led the audience for whom it wasn't intended to raise the alert level to orange. Now I will say that a constant lesson for college students, particularly high profile ones, is that that which is posted to facebook is viewable to more than the frame of reference they may indend, but that's what we in the biz call a teachable moment, not cause for crisis, nor a judgment of character. What was the immature part, his joke or his b-boy stance? By the way, I overheard Johnny tell Sue over by her locker that Steve said yesterday that he didn't like Sally's dress. It's the same daggone thing.

LittleDrummrBoy is HOLDING HIS NUTS SAYING CALM THE EFF DOWN!

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

amarri is on the nfl radar because of his size, speed, and athletic ability.   face it, a USF WR is such a long shot to make any kind of all big east team because we have been very run-oriented over the years.  teams like louisville and pitt for example have a much better chance at those awards.

however, if amarri puts together a nice season he will get drafted.  he has to show a complete game though, we all know what he can do when the ball is in his hands but the blocking, route running, etc.

you have to remember that this guy took a 2 year break from football before he came to USF.  he still has a lot of room to grow

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Box Score (Final)

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score

----------------- -- -- -- -- -----

USF................. 14 10 0 0 - 24 Record: (9-4)

East Carolina....... 7 0 0 0 - 7 Record: (7-6)

Scoring Summary:

1st 13:53 USF - WILLIAMS, B. 16 yd run (ALVARADO, D. kick), 1-16 0:20, USF 7 - ECU 0

08:43 USF - WILLIAMS, B. 1 yd run (ALVARADO, D. kick), 9-56 3:51, USF 14 - ECU 0

05:04 ECU - GOOD, Bobby 48 yd pass from PINKNEY, James (HARTMAN, Ben kick), 9-79 3:31, USF 14 - ECU 7

[highlight]2nd 12:51 USF - JACKSON, Amarri 37 yd pass from GROTHE, Matt [/highlight](ALVARADO, D. kick), 7-48 2:50, USF 21 - ECU 7

06:31 USF - ALVARADO, D. 38 yd field goal, 8-25 3:31, USF 24 - ECU 7

RECEIVING: USF-RANDOLPH, Ean 2-27; HILL, Cedric 2-22; JOHNSON, Taurus 2-5;

[highlight]JACKSON, Amarri 1-37[/highlight]; GREEN, S.J. 1-15; BLEAKLEY, Will 1-13; HILL, Amp 1-6;

WILLIAMS, B. 1-3; PONTON, Ricky 1-2. East Carolina-GOOD, Bobby 5-116; ROACH,

Kevin 3-45; BRYANT, Jamar 3-26; ALLISON, Aundre 3-24; FRACTIOUS, Brdn 1-26;

ROGERS, Steven 1-17; JOHNSON, Chris 1-8; SHANKWEILER, K. 1-1.

Thanks, HaulingBull......that's what I thought.

Yeah, um, windbane, so what was your point about Amarri & the bowl game?

:nosemax

i think this was about after the game amarri coming into the stands and leading the band.

Yeah, well, we've got a band director already.

I am not arguing with any of you guys who are accentuating Amarri's pluses.  I think he can be a key contributor.  I still say he could be better, though.

All I'm saying is that Windbane's point is crappy.

you are the one with the crappy point.  you like to come to this board and criticize a player that caught the only passing TD in the our first bowl win.  nice job!  the main point was indeed the directing the band thing.  he seems like a great guy and certainly a lot more fun than you.  teams need those kind of people.  He's also the cousin of Mike Ford who probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Amarri telling him it's a great school, so maybe you'll like Mike Ford more.  Amarri has made some great catches.  Everyone on the team "could be better," but they are certainly contributing positively despite not being up to your standards, huh?