• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What are your feelings on the coaching seach?

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

Are you excited? Happy? Nervous? Worried? Do you trust our AD to do well with his decsions? Do you take his quote to mean that USF is finally going to put money into men's bball, starting with the coach? Do you care?

Me, I'm a nervous wreck... USF makes a bad decision and it's "Heartaches III".

Our AD is a basketball man and if USF has indeed made a new commitment to bball, I think we will all be pleased very soon.

The shocker would be to bring someone in for 200K, from some mid-major program who is only recognized by his parents...

If USF has the funds, there are plenty of good coaches out there.

It is not so fun filling out the NCAA bracket when our team isn't even a misprint, is it?

I want a 500K (or more) coach! ...I've waited since 1992!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

The shocker would be to bring someone in for 200K, from some mid-major program who is only recognized by his parents...

This quote should stand alongside Mr. Woolard's quote...   ;D

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

I am excited about the coaching hire. I believe in Woolard will make the right choice.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  18
  • Days Won:  0

I'm looking forward to getting excited about college basketball again. I have season tixs but I mostly go to see the teams were playing. I hope DW brings in a good young coach. Sean Miller from Xavier or John Pelphrey from South Alabama would be great choices. Even Booby Lutz from Charlotte would be great. If not them, then someone who is that type of coach. If DW hires a retread such as a Lappas, Jarvis  or Gillen I won't be as happy but I'll support them.

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

1.  Are you excited?        No.

2.  Happy?                     What's to be happy about...nothing has happened

yet.

3.  Nervous?                  Definitely not.

4. Worried?                   No, it's not something I worry about.

5. Do you trust our AD to do well with his decsions?     Yes.  But only time

will tell how his decision will turn out.

6. Do you take his quote to mean that USF is finally going to put money into men's bball, starting with the coach?    Only time will tell.

7. Do you care?   Sure but only casually.   I hope it works out for the best, but if it doesn't, it doesn't...It's not something that will really affect my life.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

I feel they should hire someone that can win Big East men's basketball games and get USF to the post season.  Yea...that's how I feel.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

I feel good knowing that T-Man has applied...

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549

Some people want a big name, but what's most important is that USF gets a good coach.  And chances are, no one is going to know if he's a good coach for a few years.

So for the love of iced tea, do not join the new and improved darkside just because you've never heard of the guy, or he makes less than another coach.

I get the feeling that the OP would give up on the coach before he even started if he doesn't fit into some preconceived notion.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

Worrying about this coaching search on a daily basis is useless.  Just wait until the local newspapers start publishing rumors about the next coach, and then there is something to talk about.

I have faith that Woolard will find the appropriate basketball coach; after all he is a former basketball coach.

Woolard did some amazing work for what he had at St. Louis.  SLU is a small private school and they were in C-USA at the time.  USF is one of the largest state school in the country (stats people can jump in  at any time with the correct ranking) and currently the BE is a higher caliber conference than C-USA was at that time.

Some of the other open coaching jobs at other schools have people lining up to apply.  USF will have its fair share of people applying along with candidates that Woolard will pursue.  Just sit back, relax, and let the AD do his job.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Worrying about this coaching search on a daily basis is useless.  Just wait until the local newspapers start publishing rumors about the next coach, and then there is something to talk about.

I have faith that Woolard will find the appropriate basketball coach; after all he is a former basketball coach.

Woolard did some amazing work for what he had at St. Louis.  SLU is a small private school and they were in C-USA at the time.  USF is one of the largest state school in the country (stats people can jump in  at any time with the correct ranking) and currently the BE is a higher caliber conference than C-USA was at that time.

Some of the other open coaching jobs at other schools have people lining up to apply.  USF will have its fair share of people applying along with candidates that Woolard will pursue.  [highlight]Just sit back, relax, and let the AD do his job[/highlight].

Am I the only one to see the delicious irony in that piece of advice coming from a former darksider?   ;)