• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AD DW must be sweating right now

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

I think he has an easy decision to make. He'll either fire him or not fire him! ;)

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Is basketball a viable revenue sport for USF? If so, then can DW afford to have the program driven into the ground?

Personally, I don't think it's really a viable revenue sport, and therefore it really doesn't matter who the coach is, other than he needs to graduate his players and run a clean program - which plays directly to McCullum's strong points.

A few hard-core fans clamoring for a new coach is pretty meaningless, when you consider the best case scenarios of attendance and media coverage.

I really wish it werent true but I guess that's the reality. If McCullum stays, it's a clear admission that USF basketball doesn't matter to most people.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Hawaii,

There is hope.  Baseball had long been relegated to the back seat - very unimportant in the scheme of USF Athletics.  Basketball was #1 for so long.

Under DW, we shook off the dust off of baseball and are bringing it back to where it should be.

I have full faith and confidence the same will be done with hoops.  You can't choose not to participate in the premier Big East sport.

It's only a matter of time.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

DW has lousy options:  Lack of finances to commit to solid new coach/program upgrade

or

If he keeps CRM, he has to give him an extension for recruiting purposes.

USF is now a football school in a football state and the budget simply isn't going to be there in the forseeable future to compete well in BE.

Bulls will dominate BE in many sports, but lag badly in hoops.