• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cardinal Fans in Uproar

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,103
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

sucks for them

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

wow...that really sucks!

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549

To be fair, though, UofL football owes a whole lot to ESPN.

Jurich made a concerted effort to get as much national exposure as possible to build up the UofL name.

And really, the program's still not at the level that we can do without the benefits.

In one of those articles, I think, it says that weeknight attendance has been better than Saturday attendance lately, so not too many people can be ********.  They didn't even sell out the last home Saturday date last year.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

Oh, right ESPN did something without it's own best interest in mind...UofL and college football don't owe TV anything it's purely business...big business.

Hell,  why build an OCS with 50 thousand seats...when you could play the game in a studio....why worry about the people who support the team with their dollars and their bodies in the stands...Oh wait!  there are enough of them (sheep) that will let TV dictate when they will have to come out to stadium in order to see the games.

Time to stand up and be counted.

Oh, right ESPN did something without it's own best interest in mind...UofL and college football don't owe TV anything it's purely business...big business.

Hell,  why build an OCS with 50 thousand seats...when you could play the game in a studio....why worry about the people who support the team with their dollars and their bodies in the stands...Oh wait!  there are enough of them (sheep) that will let TV dictate when they will have to come out to stadium in order to see the games.

Time to stand up and be counted.

lol

Easy there, Che.

You won't find many people more anti-big business or anti-ESPN than me.  However, everything in my previous post still stands.

Bottom line is Jurich is the final word on dictating when we play.  Period.  And he is very much for the city of Louisville.  (He's expanding the stadium to 65K knowing that there aren't enough commitments, and with the intention to lower upper deck seating prices considerably to a.)fill it up and b.)give kids and lower income people[i.e. me lol] easier access)

Thursday(and Friday) night football and UofL was almost a joint venture.  Both sides got something out of it and made it what it is today.  Now, everybody wants a piece of the weekday spotlight. (see FSU-Miami)

Like I said before, more people in Louisville go to weeknight games than Saturday games.  That's who's standing up and being counted. ;)

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

In one of those articles, I think, it says that weeknight attendance has been better than Saturday attendance lately, so not too many people can be ********.  They didn't even sell out the last home Saturday date last year.

I think there's a word for it....SPIN

Sep 03 - Sun    8:00 pm    Kentucky    42,597    58 Deg

Sep 16 - Sat    3:30 pm     Miami #17  42,704    81 Deg

Oct 13 -  Fri     7:45 pm     WVU #3      43,217*  39 Deg  

Nov 18 - Sat    7:30 pm     USF            40,348   42 Deg

Dec 2  - Sat     12:00 pm   UConn        38,436   34 Deg    

* New Stadium Record

I think there's a word for it....SPIN

Sep 03 - Sun    8:00 pm    Kentucky    42,597    58 Deg

Sep 16 - Sat    3:30 pm     Miami #17  42,704    81 Deg

Oct 13 -  Fri     7:45 pm     WVU #3      43,217*  39 Deg  

Nov 18 - Sat    7:30 pm     USF            40,348   42 Deg

Dec 2  - Sat     12:00 pm   UConn        38,436   34 Deg    

* New Stadium Record

I don't know what point you're trying to prove there, but what your chart tells me is that the Friday night WVU game beat any Saturday's attendance.  And the Sunday UK game was 110 people shy of beating every Saturday game.

More people go to non-Saturday games than Saturday games.  I'm not sure I know what you mean by "SPIN".

I mean, a noon Saturday kickoff on Senior Day, fighting for a BCS berth, 11-1, needing to beat UConn to win the BE, and it was 5K short of capacity.  Where were all the people that are supposedly calling for more Saturday games then?