• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NHL Officiating

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Anyone else think that the NHL has some of the worst officiating of any sport? I was at the Lightning game tonight against Panthers and the officiating was some of the worst that I have ever seen (in a while at east).

Guest r_to_the_izzo

NHL is terrible just like all officating, problem is they are trying to enforce rule changes, and the refs/players arent on the same page as far as what is(nt) allowed.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  0

It has to be the toughest sport in the world to officiate.

It's incredibly fast, and the invisible lines regarding violence and on-ice conduct make it so hard, I would imagine.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565

The officiating would improve if the NHL would scrap the 2 referees per game and allow the linesmen to call penalties.

As poor as the officiating is now, it is much better than it was before the lockout.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881

The main problem I have with the officiating is that they are full-time workers. This is their career. I agree that it has to be a tough sport to officiate, but I don't understand how you can call something on one end of the ice and the same exact thing happens at the other end right in front of them and yet they don't call it. I would just like more consistency

I guess I shouldn't be complaining considering my team(Lightning) are one of the least penalized teams in the league