• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

bball fans, how do you do it?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I don't think anyone is expecting Duke or FSU type results. It's been what 15 + years since we've sniffed the dance? I think people just want a program that at least is competitive in the grand scheme, which we aren't now.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

However, simply accepting entrance into a "big time sports league" or increasing expectations doesn't equate to increased performance of our programs.  Foundations need to be laid, recruiting needs to adjust, budgets need to increase, etc.  This isn't an overnight project...

I don't think anyone is expecting Duke or FSU type results. It's been what 15 + years since we've sniffed the dance? I think people just want a program that at least is competitive in the grand scheme, which we aren't now.

Baloney.  People on here have unrealistic expectations.  There were demands that if we didn't get to postseason, Mac should be fired.  Everyone wants the team to be competitive, some people just aren't realistic in what needs to be done to get there.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Is it an unrealistic demand to want to make your conference tournament?  I am so tired of hearing guys get mad people talk negatively about the team.  lke usfgrad said, there is not much else to talk about.  We can all agree gransberry is a great player and plays his ass off night in and night out.  We can agree we improved from the worst team in the big east to one of the worst.  But to say we are in good shape or improving when our attendence and fan support continues to dwindle and we continue to not play in march is absurd.  

Mike, come down to tampa and go to a game.  The sun dome was MUCH louder when syracuse went on runs.  Then you want to say there is nothing to complain about?  No one cares and that is a problem for the ones that do.  This university has put its basketball program on the back burner, and so have some of YOU fans,  for as long as i can remember.  And we did just joined and big business big time conference and we need to do something about it.  If we have to hire a low profile coach for low pay, so be it, any change can help right now.  We can try to make a big hire and pay the money or find the diamond in the rough.  We lose with Mac at worst we can lose without him.  Enough is enough, we all can agree the program as a whole is in terrible shape and from the looks of it, it will be an uphill battle for mac to get out of.  Time to hit the reset button.  

It isn't just that people are talking negative, and you know that.  It is incessant threads saying the same stuff over and over and over and over again.  The repetitive crap is ignorant.  Period.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Honest critique can never be bad. I never set out to hurt anyone with my comments, although I rarely (if ever) say anything about the players themselves...I do, on the other hand, have a problem with all the Pollyannas who actually believe things are going great. It's painfully obvious things are not progressing in a way most fans would like to see.

Anyway, I think we were talking about this last season and last summer, and the overall consensus was that we should wait and decide after this year. So, that's what I'm going to do...whatever the outcome at the end of this season, I'm going to base my comments off of McCullum's cumulative body of work since he set foot on campus.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Baloney.  People on here have unrealistic expectations.  There were demands that if we didn't get to postseason, Mac should be fired.  Everyone wants the team to be competitive, some people just aren't realistic in what needs to be done to get there.

Well what does need to be done then? And McCullum isn't doing it, why not? Is it purely a money issue, or something else?

If you want to assert that fans are unrealistic, then what is realistic? Fans don't like to sit around wringing their hands, waiting for things to get better. They are more likely to go watch some other team that has its act together. Or at the very least, they simply stop showing up. It's great to armchair-quarterback this thing, but meanwhile USF is losing fans.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I think nothing shows more loyalty and devotion then voice concerns and complaints.

Your program is in real bad shape when people just don't care.

Like I said in Jan when the UCONN game was on TV..  You could have walked around Publix and asked 100 people if they knew UCONN and USF were playing on TV and I bet maybe 4 people would know.

This program is in the gutter.  It is in almost worse shape then Ford Motor Comp.

He needs to be let go.

USFMikeB -- i just purchased a care a few months back and when I was looking around for a make and model Ford never even crossed my mind.  In fact, I wouldn't even know where to go buy a Ford if I wanted too -- other then may Billl Curry Ford.

Its very similar to USF Basketball.?  Nothing could be going on during any given Saturday night and it would never cross 98% of the peoples minds in the Tampa Metro market to come out to a South Florida Mens Basketball Game.

That is the problem.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

Winning one road game in two years might help?  

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

We don't have too many REAL fans.  Instead the program is stuck with a bunch of so-called fans that choose to belittle the players, coaches, administration whether we win or lose.  I feel sorry for our student athletes...

Put down the pipe, bro, it's getting too hot in your room. No one comes on here and bitches about wins, WTF are you talking about?  The real discrepancy between those of us with 20/20 vision, and those of you with green and gold goggle is very simple, yet hard to fathom.  I'd like to think that we're all REALISTIC, not falsely negative or positive.  I cannot look at the wins and losses - no road losses, bottom 10% of teams in the conference, no matter the conference, RPI 150+ - and yes, i see some transfers improving us, but no, Zeus is no hero, no, Aris no hero, I'd take 20 Grandsberrys, and we still can't recruit high school kids with any consistency.  As long as we're the haven for ALL TRANSFERS in the USA, to a point, we'll get a little better, but we're not building a program, and that's not good.  As I've said before, Wooly is the MVP with his early season schedule, and everyone has to admit the Big East is MUCH weaker this year, so is our record better, absolutely, is our progress great, sadly, no.

That's realistic, not negative. Please use some facts to convince me otherwise.