• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jose did not deny interest in UF Job

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Any word on Jose not denying interest in anything else?

He hasn't denied interest in the San Diego Chargers head coach opening ...

But was he asked?

Since when did that become a criteria?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

flsportsfan83, you have got to be the dumbest kid around, its hilarious how you take something and spin it so that it helps to prove your point.  no coach will comment on another coaching job during a season.  use your head a little bit.

Really I have seen coaches in the past mid season say that they were staying where they are at and have no interest in another job. If there is no way Jose was leaving as you claim, then why when asked would he not put to bed the rumor? My bet is that Jose will listen if UF calls.

IF THEY WAS NO WAY IN HELL HE WAS EVER GONNA LEAVE, then whyu not tell Brett that he was not going anywhere? Is he trying to get more money out of USF? If that is the case then he is gone. USF should not pay a Womens Basketball coach more than 128k.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I think everyone knows the game.  Problem with Brett asking Jose is that UF has shown no interest in him, have they?  I mean, until such time (and perhaps after) who cares (see: Greenberg, Seth)?

You make two valid comments though flpsortfan83 (shock):

1)  Of course Jose would use this (if possible) to get more money out of USF, and

2)  We do not need to, nor should we pay more.

Brett is a good guy, but who really cares what "BCS Womens Basketball coaches" make?  I didn't know they had a Bowl Championship Series in WBB.  We need to worry about putting the BCS money into the BCS sport until we have money in abundance like century-old schools that have been drinking from the BCS trough for YEARS.  We've got a long way up the BCS ladder to go before we start worrying to this degree about our non-BCS sports.

Sorry, but this story does not interest me in the least...except for a few wisecracks here and there.  I apologize in advance for my abrasive opinion on this big story.

Brad I would agree with your point that USF should not pay Jose any more. We have an athletic department that has to be frugial. I must ask if Jose is paid more money then what is losing funds? The two sports that will generate more bosters is Football and MBB,

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Peck had one year remaining on a six-year contract that pays her a base salary of approximately $180,000. Incentives, media and equipment deals push her annual salary close to $300,000.

http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070213/GATORS03/702130328

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

I'd rather the money be spent on football, too, but at least they will make the tournament.  It would be sad to lose him.

Really I have seen coaches in the past mid season say that they were staying where they are at and have no interest in another job.

You mean like Nick Saban?

Triple, if there was no way he would leave why not say so? Why refuse further comment?

Triple, if there was no way he would leave why not say so? Why refuse further comment?

It's called "coach speak". Even though he actually could be thinking there's no way he'd ever leave, you just never say never. Everything he said would be true even if he they do knock his socks off with an offer and he leaves.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

why not reward a coach who constantly wins and sees the post season every year, with more money?  even if it isn't significantly greater, i think with the job Jose has done that he deserves a little more money.  don't let your dislike for womens basketball cloud your judgement, if you win you should get rewarded, bottomline.