• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We need a scoring guard.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Buckley is 3rd overall in 3 pointers in the BE. I'd say that constitutes an outside scoring threat.

Howard leads the conference in assits per game as a freshman. He wasn't able to pad those stats early on either.

Do you think he might be a little slow because of his  knee injuries? I've heard it takes at least a year before you can expect to be up to full speed. The guy wasn't even supposed to play this year. When did he hurt his knee for the 2nd time??

I expected Jesus to be a more prolific scorer. I'm disappointed in him.

I agree we do need more scoring. Bring in Holmes next year and I think we'll have a pretty solid team.

Why are you always living in the past? Can't you see the light at the end of the tunnel?

We were a middle of the road team in CUSA. Never any better then that. Did you expect us to make the move to the BE and dominate in our 2nd year?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

The answer to your question is whenever we see him at 100%.

We depend on him because he has talent and is one of the most pure PG's to come through this school EVER.  

We already know we didn't have a true PG the past couple years, due to injuries, etc and were stuck using a walk on at PG.  That is a fact and there is nothign we can do about it now.  Quit griping over it... as we now have a true PG that is averaging over 6 assists a game, scoring 5 more, and more importantly... leading this team, AS A FRESHMAN!  You can not understate how important this kid is going to be for us for the next 3 years.  His injury is not an excuse for this last game... he played a bad half...  enough said.  He played well in the 2nd half and we were right back in the game.  He is the real deal and he is only going to get better.  Even @ 75%, he is still able to break the press with easy, get by quick defenders, post up smaller guards, find the open man, and knock down the open shot.  There isn't anything he can't do.  It was a bad half.  No need to **** all over him for that.  It sucks we lost, but I guarantee our team is not sitting at home crying over it... they are in the gym trying to fix what they did wrong and get ready for UL.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

when does the he hasn't played in 2 years excuse die? After 10 games, 20, 30?  Is he our best option? YES. Why is it that we must depend on a Freshman the run the point if he is so rusty? There are many questions that need to be anwsered.

MSG or BUST

how about giving him 1/2 of a year? Have you ever blown out a knee? were you back to full speed in 6 months?

the kid is LEADING the BE in assits per game as a freshman who blew out a knee 2 years in a row and you are criticizing him??

we rely on him to play the point because he was recruited too. Rusty or not he still leads the BE in APG. cut the kid some slack.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

What's to offer that has been pointed out ad nauseum by me and others? If you feel the need to keep spewing this crap, I feel the need to make stupid comments concerning your inflammatory rants. Did you even watch the game last night? Howard hit from the outside AND drove to the basket. He's just not doing it successfully on a consistent basis yet .... for probable reasons that have been pointed out to you. You don't want to hear it because it's easier to ***** and moan.

We haven't won a game on the road in 2 1/2 years and all you do is just put out stupid comments.

And my stupid comments are what's holding the team back?

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

So howard drove the basket huh Trip?

The same Howard that was 3-10 from the floor huh?

The same Howard that has never ever scared a single guard with his quick step off the dribble..

Its not me that babbles the crap its you.  Sometimes I question if you even watch the game.

I have watched every single minute of Bulls basketball since Howard has been back.

You my friend -- are the one in the forest.

Howard hits a wide open 3 with 50 seconds to go and people on this board think he is a prolific scorer..

Howards Box Score for the record.

3-10 from the floor -- 1-3 from the three point line. --  1-2 from the free - 8 total points and he commited a stellear 6 turnovers in 33 minutes of action.  Add in 6 assits and that gives him an assit to turnover ratio of 1/1.

That is terrible.

Wow -- what a great guard he is.  

You guys are totally lost.  You can't handle criticism even when it is found in fact.

I am not saying that Howard should be benched or that he is even awful -- I am telling you that he is not as good as everyone thinks he is....and plus -- he posseses ZERO threat to score from the outside.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,073
  • Days Won:  469

Ari found the boxscore.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Now lets look at are other guard..

Bozeman.  What a great box score he had last night.

23 minutes played -- 0 for 2 from the field - 0 for 2 from the three point land -  2 assists and 2 turnovers.

That my friend is god awful guard play.

if you compare it to our down low play it is night and day.  What a shame that gransberry and mattis don't have a single guard to help contribute.

Mattis had 16 ponts -- Gransberry had 20 points and both shot about 50% fromt the floor with only 1 turnover.

Guard play is killing us.

[highlight]So howard drove the basket huh Trip?[/highlight]

The same Howard that was 3-10 from the floor huh?

The same Howard that has never ever scared a single guard with his quick step off the dribble..

Its not me that babbles the crap its you.  Sometimes I question if you even watch the game.

I have watched every single minute of Bulls basketball since Howard has been back.

You my friend -- are the one in the forest.

Howard hits a wide open 3 with 50 seconds to go and people on this board think he is a prolific scorer..

Howards Box Score for the record.

3-10 from the floor -- 1-3 from the three point line. --  1-2 from the free throw line and he commited a stellear 6 turnovers.

Wow -- what a great guard he is.  

You guys are totally lost.  You can't handle criticism even when it is found in fact.

You didn't watch the game, did you, ari? ..... and learn how to read. Nobody is calling him a prolific scorer. A few have perfectly described CH at this point but I realize you have to make up crap so you can have something to drag out your ***** sessions.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I watched every single minute of the game.  I don't think you did.

So what have I made up.

Was it the 3-10 from the floor?  or maybe it was the 1-3 from three point land?  Maybe it was a typo in the box score when it says he only had 8 points in 33 minutes of action.

Or was I mis-reading something when it said he turned the ball over 6 times or almost once every 5 minutes of action.

Guard play is killing us.

I agree completely.