• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I Tip My Cap To The Basketball Team

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Although I am still in shock that we figured out a way to lose that game they played their best game of Mac's tenure today.  They played better then that win over g-town.

They also played some great defense against a great bunch of shooting guards.

We still continue to turn the ball over WAY to much - but Mattis is a total freakin stud.  Gransberry played spectacular.

The one big missing link on that team is a guard that can score of the dribble.

Howard I think is very over-rated.  Boozeman missed some easy shots....but we played a very very good marquette team.

That Point Guard they have is outstanding.

I think what really was spectacular was the fact that they were down 6 at half and came out gave them all they could handle.  Herman and I didn't think they would pull that off, but it was a great game to watch at the Sun Dome and valiant effort.

I think the much needed bench helped out big time --- and the play of Mattis was all-world.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

there is always something missing

the team should be 2 deep with talent as long as rmc has been here

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996
  • Days Won:  0

I would agree....the boys played hard and they wanted a win real bad!  We will win some more this season...   GO BULLS!!!    ;D

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

The teams leader is not accustomed to winning.  Any good coach in the last minute , with the lead, would have had the opposing team fouling us on purose to save time.  Marquette seemed as if they had the lead towards the end.  They scored the last 5 points.  So Ari you can say we should have won, I say different.  Though with 8 seconds left and our ball in a tied up game you would think either we go to overtime or win.  Amazing.  Way to draw up a straight pass to our hottest player on the wing with 8 seconds left.  Couldnt see that coming.  

Great effort by our players today.  Tough loss for them.  

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I have watched a bunch of games this year and you can see some talent on the floor.  At times it doesn't look very organized, but there is talent there.

What we are missing more then anything is a guard who can score of the dribble.  Boozeman can't do it.  Howard def can't do it.

Buckley can a little bit...  

If MAC could just get a guy that can score of the dribble he would have himself a decent squad.

That was the first time in the 4 years I have watched his team play, that i have said, "this team has a bit of an upside."

Now unless he really falls apart down the stretch -- he is probably going to be back.  Mostly because of economics.

But there are a lot of games left for him to really crap the bed.  ND might get ugly.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

I have watched a bunch of games this year and you can see some talent on the floor.  At times it doesn't look very organized, but there is talent there.

What we are missing more then anything is a guard who can score of the dribble.  Boozeman can't do it.  Howard def can't do it.

Buckley can a little bit...  

If MAC could just get a guy that can score of the dribble he would have himself a decent squad.

That was the first time in the 4 years I have watched his team play, that i have said, "this team has a bit of an upside."

Now unless he really falls apart down the stretch -- he is probably going to be back.  Mostly because of economics.

But there are a lot of games left for him to really crap the bed.  ND might get ugly.

I agree with everything you've said.

Also, I've been a skeptic of Mattis, but today he played his most complete game yet. His lack of a jump shot is less appearant when we've got other people hitting shots.

Guest r_to_the_izzo

If you think Howard is overrated, look at how smoothly the team runs with him at the 1 compared til when Boze or Cap (gasp!) run it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

If you think Howard is overrated, look at how smoothly the team runs with him at the 1 compared til when Boze or Cap (gasp!) run it.

It is nice to see Capko on the bench, he was good for about 10 TO's a game.... This team is much better with Howard running the point than it was with Cap.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

But that really isn't saying much.

Did you see how well Marquettes office runs when that #1 takes it up the court.  Marquette is like the exact opposite of use.  They lack a true big man.  They got all these guards that can shot the rock and nobody down low that can take pressure off the perimeter.

We are the exact opposite.

I have never seen a team pack it in so much.  Gransberry was getting mugged all game.

Howard is decent.  I wasn't very impressed with his play today.  Nothing to do with the turnover.  When him and boozeman are on the floor it creates problems for us because neither of them can create space and dive to the hoop.  Boozeman needs the ball of passes and Howard isn't much of a scoring threat at all.

My opin only though

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Howard seems like a distributing guard to me, at least from what I've seen in the last few home games that I've attended. But to me, it seems as if he has a calming effect on the rest of the team. He seems to be a natural leader.