• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bush took money (allegedly)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he was underpaid even in college

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

His USC condoms are going down for this. Old Pete should lose his job over this one!

GO BULLS

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

No they aren't. Right now there is zero evidence linking any of the benefits to USC, their coaches, or their athletic department.

Chances of USC getting in any trouble for this is low right now, unless some new evidence comes up linking Bush's benefits to any of the above listed they probably won't receive many sanctions if any.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

he was underpaid even in college

Now that's funny...   ;D

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549

No they aren't. Right now there is zero evidence linking any of the benefits to USC, their coaches, or their athletic department.

Chances of USC getting in any trouble for this is low right now, unless some new evidence comes up linking Bush's benefits to any of the above listed they probably won't receive many sanctions if any.

I don't see how that could be.  They were using an ineligible player.  That's got to count for something.

I hardly believe that it's OK for players to be showered with money and gifts as long as it's not the school doing it.  Bush is the link to USC.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

hopefully this comes back false. Bush was an amazing player in college.

I don't see how that could be.  They were using an ineligible player.  That's got to count for something.

I hardly believe that it's OK for players to be showered with money and gifts as long as it's not the school doing it.  Bush is the link to USC.

How can you hold the school liable for a player when they have no connection to the illegal gifts? At this point they believe it all came from an agent who was trying to get an athlete who coming out of college would be worth millions. That would just open up a can of worms for a Texas A&M Booster to feed a Texas player money and gifts so that the school suffers the reprocussions of those violations.

As long as USC has taken all steps to assure their boosters (that is anyone who has ever bought a ticket for any athletic event) know they should not be giving money, gifts, or any other benefit to any student athlete and they are found to not be connected with the extra beenfits Bush has received they should not be held liable, ineligible player or not.

I have worked in Compliance since graduating from USF a year ago, so I am slanted more towards the school side, but this is honestly what I believe will happen.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

How can you hold the school liable for a player when they have no connection to the illegal gifts? At this point they believe it all came from an agent who was trying to get an athlete who coming out of college would be worth millions. That would just open up a can of worms for a Texas A&M Booster to feed a Texas player money and gifts so that the school suffers the reprocussions of those violations.

As long as USC has taken all steps to assure their boosters (that is anyone who has ever bought a ticket for any athletic event) know they should not be giving money, gifts, or any other benefit to any student athlete and they are found to not be connected with the extra beenfits Bush has received they should not be held liable, ineligible player or not.

I have worked in Compliance since graduating from USF a year ago, so I am slanted more towards the school side, but this is honestly what I believe will happen.

Schools have and do get in trouble for this, they lack institutional control is the claim.

Nuke, you can only control your student athletes to a certain bound. Any deals that some scumball agent and the players family make is really out of USC's control.

I know because it's USC, most wouldn't mind seeing them go down in flames, but the reality is you can only blame the athletic department so much before its legitmately a remote occurance.

The schools that do in trouble for this are the ones that have blantently helped or ignored those who are assisting players. (See: Mississippi State) There has been no evidence that USC has done either and until there is the chances of them getting into trouble is very slim.