• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Names for the coach Openings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

I dont see any reason not to consider a guy like Blackwell as a graduate assistant.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Short of him not wanting to leave a job he just accepted at Freedom, I see no reason why Blackwell wouldn't be a good match for the offensive GA job.

Short of him not wanting to leave a job he just accepted at Freedom, I see no reason why Blackwell wouldn't be a good match for the offensive GA job.

He was offered it last year, wasn't he, then he turned it down.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

:) I agree with Ruger7 & Windbane.  Both have great input.  Personally I want to see some new blood and I know it will take time.  At this point all I can think of is a famous quote from a movie, "Patience grasshopper, patience." Rome was not built in a day and so USF History will not be built in a day.  It is coming and this season promises to be the brightest yet!  We must be doing something right or the other teams would not be raiding CJL's staff. ;)

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I would imagine that MB needs to try his hand at being a head coach.  He needs to see what he is capable of and what he can do for young athletes who want to go further.  

I do believe, however, that somewhere down the road he will look to graduate to the next level.  At that point an Assistant or GA position might be just the ticket.  

I am sure take it to bank that Leavitt will be keeping an eye on MB over the next few years.  

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Jeff Bowden was making $500 K at FSU.  He'd be making somewhere in the 100 K range at USF.  Don't see him taking less.  I could see Blackwell in a few years being promoted to Offensive Coordinator.  He's getting good experience right now in the high school ranks.

I'm pretty sure Jeff Bowden was making much less than $500k at FSU.  I remember it being in the $100-200k range.  He got a raise to $500k by resigning.  Until this offseason, FSU didn't pay assistants all that well.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

He was offered it last year, wasn't he, then he turned it down.

I thought that was because he was trying to catch on with a pro team

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

MB as head coach i hope he is keeping in touch with CJL and usf for advice, summer camps ect.

i hope he does well and in 3 years he is ready to move up.

and he comes to USF!

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  42

No because GA assistant USF only make about 8000-10,000 a year, compared to 30,000-40,000 at larger schools. He would be nice young coach to bring as will ryan hearn, that will help build experience and help with recruiting.