• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Verdejo Benched by CRM. Not injured

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Tampajo i think it is more than 95% of our points coming from our starters.

Anybody who has followed Bulls hoops from way back realizes that any significant amount of bench points have been a rare luxury...

Trip where are those 13 scholarships you are so arrogant o bring up and say dont let the facts get int he way.

Anybody who follows and truly cares about USF basketball, at this point in time, shouldn't have a problem spitting out the 13 ....

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  0

Anybody who has followed Bulls hoops from way back realizes that any significant amount of bench points have been a rare luxury...

Trip where are those 13 scholarships you are so arrogant o bring up and say dont let the facts get int he way.

Anybody who follows and truly cares about USF basketball, at this point in time, shouldn't have a problem spitting out the 13 ....

Ummmmmmmmmm, bad is bad and good is good, but the norm is just the norm.  the fact that we have no bench scoring IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.  when we accept mediocrity, it's over.  2 schools of thought on basketball: 1. recruit 5 star gems and win on pure talent . 2. if you can't do 1, recruit LOTS OF DEPTH (because it's lots easier to recruit a bunch of 2 star guys than 1 or 2 5-star guys), press like hell with pressure defense (e.g. Nolan Richardson's "40 minutes of hell", UAB's current mantra), play a motion offense, and wear the other guys out.

Me, I know of no other theory to win in basketball.  I'm from Indiana, saw all the average Bobby Knight (talent wise) teams always make the NCAAs, and although I didn't particularly care for the way the guy treated his players, they grew up to be solid citizens and played good team ball. Mac's problem is DEPTH. pure and simple - to turn your head and say that bench points are a "rare luxury" is to miss the whole point of the problem.  Mac, though a decent game coach, is killed by Mac the talent scout, recruiter and roster GM.  HE CANNOT DO THIS JOB, stop making excuses for him.  

If one were to look honestly at the person, and not just his role as coach, you'd agree, or barring any occasional watershed win, like Cincinnati, this guy has given you NOTHING to hang  your hat on for long-term success.  You tell me, how many programs in the USA use the Statue of Liberty recruiting technique?? Give us your transfers, late declinations, ACL injuries, etc. we'll take them all and promise them meaningful minutes!!!!!!!!!!!

Ridiculous.

Ummmmmmmmmm, bad is bad and good is good, but the norm is just the norm.  the fact that we have no bench scoring IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. [highlight] when we accept mediocrity, it's over. [/highlight] 2 schools of thought on basketball: 1. recruit 5 star gems and win on pure talent . 2. if you can't do 1, recruit LOTS OF DEPTH (because it's lots easier to recruit a bunch of 2 star guys than 1 or 2 5-star guys), press like hell with pressure defense (e.g. Nolan Richardson's "40 minutes of hell", UAB's current mantra), play a motion offense, and wear the other guys out.

Me, I know of no other theory to win in basketball.  I'm from Indiana, saw all the average Bobby Knight (talent wise) teams always make the NCAAs, and although I didn't particularly care for the way the guy treated his players, they grew up to be solid citizens and played good team ball. Mac's problem is DEPTH. pure and simple - to turn your head and say that bench points are a "rare luxury" is to miss the whole point of the problem.  Mac, though a decent game coach, is killed by Mac the talent scout, recruiter and roster GM.  HE CANNOT DO THIS JOB, stop making excuses for him.  

If one were to look honestly at the person, and not just his role as coach, you'd agree, or barring any occasional watershed win, like Cincinnati, this guy has given you NOTHING to hang  your hat on for long-term success.  You tell me, how many programs in the USA use the Statue of Liberty recruiting technique?? Give us your transfers, late declinations, ACL injuries, etc. we'll take them all and promise them meaningful minutes!!!!!!!!!!!

Ridiculous.

Without getting too philosophical here and as much as some of you don't want to acknowledge it, you have to pass through mediocre on your way to being a good team/program. Nobody is accepting mediocrity as a finished product but I realize that saying we do makes it much easier to blast away at us.

What I'm looking for is improvement  on a year to year basis (along with positives for the future) and that started with our first season in the BE. To try and lump the previous three years together in one pot is laughable and I doubt Woolard looks at it that way, either.

As most of our side have said, we're not sure Mac is the one to take us to the next level but we're not sure yet he's not the one either. Your opinion is he definitely isn't the one.... we disagree.

Ummmmmmmmmm, bad is bad and good is good, but the norm is just the norm.  the fact that we have no bench scoring IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. [highlight] when we accept mediocrity, it's over. [/highlight] 2 schools of thought on basketball: 1. recruit 5 star gems and win on pure talent . 2. if you can't do 1, recruit LOTS OF DEPTH (because it's lots easier to recruit a bunch of 2 star guys than 1 or 2 5-star guys), press like hell with pressure defense (e.g. Nolan Richardson's "40 minutes of hell", UAB's current mantra), play a motion offense, and wear the other guys out.

Ridiculous.

Without getting too philosophical here and as much as some of you don't want to acknowledge it, you have to pass through mediocre on your way to being a good team/program. Nobody is accepting mediocrity as a finished product but I realize that saying we do makes it much easier to blast away at us.

What I'm looking for is improvement  on a year to year basis (along with positives for the future) and that started with our first season in the BE. To try and lump the previous three years together in one pot is laughable and I doubt Woolard looks at it that way, either.

As most of our side have said, we're not sure Mac is the one to take us to the next level but we're not sure yet he's not the one either. Your opinion is he definitely isn't the one.... we disagree.

I agree with your philosophy re: mediocrity. Having said that, we are so bad we can't even see the bottom of mediocre's ass.  I ask you, do we not have a record in the bottom 10% of college basketball for Mac's regime. Or, I'll even give you a "do over" on the first 2 years, how about last year? 1-15 IN THE CONFERENCE??  Again, tell me one reason to like anything about Mac's regime - here are my choices: 1. Blind optimism 2. "discipline", disguised as bad employee management skills (anyone can say "no" or yell as his/her employees) 3. We can't afford anything else.  Honest to god, what are you people seeing that tells you there's any hope? 1, 2 or 3?  do  you have #4??

You Apologists need to arm yourselves with something other than "warm and fuzzies"....yes, we do disagree.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

crm hard stance on discipline is partly why we dont have many scholarship players and have had such a horrible record the past 4 years.  The guy kicked off just about every player or they quit during his first couple years, and he didnt have anyone to replace them (real smart!)

Apparently this guy has the personality of a rock, so many players dont want to play for him.  

Now his suspends one of his best players? And wont say why, just that he didnt like the way jesus approached some things.  Real smart.  Too bad it didnt bite him in the a$$ and cost him the game.  

are you a bulls fan?

"too bad...cost him the game."

you wish losses on your own  team because the coach does not throw his player under a bus...that is just sad!

I agree with your philosophy re: mediocrity. Having said that, [highlight]we are so bad we can't even see the bottom of mediocre's ass[/highlight].

If that is your honest assessment of the team we have right now, there's really no need to further this conversation... Have a nice day.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

another big hyped player that cant get off the bench

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Ridiculous.

dont agree with this

in basketball you can go from zero to hero in one year

out with the old and in with the new

crm cant recruit and players he does recruit  dont want to stay

4 years and usf still cant get a full roster

insanity

thank goodness this is his last year

crm is a lame duck and the entire world but green and goggle club know it

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Smazz... your post is already defeated about ten posts prior.  Keep up with the curve smazz... your falling behind.

I agree with your philosophy re: mediocrity. Having said that, [highlight]we are so bad we can't even see the bottom of mediocre's ass[/highlight].

If that is your honest assessment of the team we have right now, there's really no need to further this conversation... Have a nice day.

Nice Apologist's perspective.  Your position of indignation is well stated, congratulations.

While you are packing up your ball and jacks and taking them home, I'd look at next semester's curriculum and perhaps pencil in a couple of logic or debate courses amongst the many PE courses on your plate, to enhance your strategic options  in discourse.  That, or maybe Mrs. Blackwell might be able to provide some tutoring, depending on what you are wearing, of course.

On the other hand, I continue to learn, perhaps you can enlighten me of what you see is our great strides towards mediocrity? The Louisville game? The watershed Cincinnati win?  The depth of bench scoring?  I welcome healthy facts to support your opinions.  

Good luck.