• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Forget Losing & 0-3 BE Start

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

We are not even competitive in these games, that is what is even more bothersome

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

I agree, as least we were putting up a better fight last season. Was Soloman Jones that much of a difference last season??? We seem to be worse than we were last season right now. I remember a better UL team barely beat USF at home last season. Now, UL just blows us away like it was nothing. Ditto UCONN and Ditto PITT. What gives????

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Just do what I have done and forget the whole sport of Basketball...

Makes life that much easier.

Sad but true....

I just don't care anymore....

>:( :'( :-[

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I agree, as least we were putting up a better fight last season. Was Soloman Jones that much of a difference last season??? We seem to be worse than we were last season right now. I remember a better UL team barely beat USF at home last season. Now, UL just blows us away like it was nothing. Ditto UCONN and Ditto PITT. What gives????

Jones mad a huge difference.  He was a force every game inside controlling the paint defensivley by blocking and changing many of the chances in the paint aswell as being great on the boards.  His presence forces teams to work alot more from the perimeter.  On the offensive end he wasnt spectacular but he did some nice work there too.  This season is pretty much what i feared would happen with him departing i always felt he was the glue that held us together and allowed us to be competitive in the BE last year.  

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401

Jones really helped a lot last year. Also we played just well enought o make th teams remember us this year, and they are coming to play.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

Dave,

You make a good point in that teams are not taking us lightly like they may have last season in the BIG EAST. I have a hard time believing that we are worse than last season. I know Jones makes a big difference though, but I would think it would not be that much of a difference given that Gransberry has played well inside. Maybe we will turn it around. It better start with a win over Cincy is all I can say.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Dave,

You make a good point in that teams are not taking us lightly like they may have last season in the BIG EAST. I have a hard time believing that we are worse than last season. I know Jones makes a big difference though, but I would think it would not be that much of a difference given that Gransberry has played well inside. Maybe we will turn it around. It better start with a win over Cincy is all I can say.

Gransberry has played well but is no where near the force inside that SOJO was.  Grans blocks far less shots.  

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I agree, as least we were putting up a better fight last season.

Very true. The lack of effort is pretty apparent and quite troublesome. McHugh looks way off, Melvin is way too streaky, and the silly turnovers should have been corrected by now.

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  808

Just do what I have done and forget the whole sport of Basketball...

Makes life that much easier.

Sad but true....

I just don't care anymore....

>:( :'( :-[

Now you know how it feels to be a UCF football fan  ;)