• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF #25 projected 2007 USA Today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  0

no way Bobby Bowden is kept out of the preseason top 25. College football is way too political

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  209

Great for USF but how is Rutgers not mentioned in the top 25???  

They are losing more than half of their starters... basically, it could be a rebuilding year for them.

some of you are like a broken record.  money see money do:  RU has 7 starters back on offense and 7 starters back on defense, so how can that be a rebuilding year?

I'm not sure of your sources, but according to the depth chart on Rivals, Rutgers is losing 13 of thier 22 starters including four of their five OL.  That's only 7 returning total, not on each side of the ball.  

That would qualify as a rebuilding year.  Money.

I've explain this a million time on this site about how RU list the players.  Rival doesn't have correct info.  Here we go again:  RU returns 16 of the 2 deep on offense.  6 of their 8 top linemen return with experience.  They do lose Leonard FB-starter, Harris TE-starter, S. Johnson TE-3rd backup, Foster WR-5th backup, along with 2 OL-starters.  Defensively they'll be without 8 players in the 2 deep.  They lose Meekins DT-starter, Beckford DE-co starter, Giacobbe DT-backup, Thompson-LB-starter, Frierson-LB-starter,  Roberson-CB-starter, Porter-CB-backup and Collins-CB-backup.

RU will have 7 returns starters on offense (16 total) and 7 starters returning on defense (14 total) with G. Johnson who co-started with Beckford.  I understand how some people have to say a lie enough to make him or herself believe it.  I think this is the case here with a lot of USF fans.  You know about as much info on RU as I do about USF.  I had a USF fan email (scout board) me info about USF that I had no idea about it.  It contain a lot of info that put USF in a different light with some incoming players that address some pressing needs.  I haven't gone into depth about RU, but I am giving better info than rival about the depth and returning players for RU.  It seems like some of you don't want to hear it because you want to believe in what you're thinking already.

go to www.scarletknights.com (RU's official site) to cross check the player's status (eligibility) against rivals and see who's right.  The football roster will show you class listing and eligibility listing as well as position, height, weight, high school and hometown.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  76

They are losing more than half of their starters... basically, it could be a rebuilding year for them.

Their offense consisted of handing the ball to Rice and jumping on for the ride...how has that changed???

• Content Count:  76

It ain't how you start it is how you finish.  We will be considered a top 30 team next year going into the season.   We will have plenty of opportunity to show on the field what we can do.   The polls are an odd emotional driven entity seldom driven by factual analysis.

Not complete true!!

If you don't start somewhere near the top in the beginning, you're journey up is twice as hard.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

I've explain this a million time on this site about how RU list the players.

You have 21 posts.  Did you post the other times under another name? :-?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it will be fun to see usf in the top 25 ranking role

• Content Count:  135

Their offense consisted of handing the ball to Rice and jumping on for the ride...how has that changed???

Brian Leonard

• Content Count:  135

hahahahha

nasty is averaging a turnover per minute...

oops wrong thread and wrong sport

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

some of you are like a broken record.  money see money do:  RU has 7 starters back on offense and 7 starters back on defense, so how can that be a rebuilding year?

I'm not sure of your sources, but according to the depth chart on Rivals, Rutgers is losing 13 of thier 22 starters including four of their five OL.  That's only 7 returning total, not on each side of the ball.  

That would qualify as a rebuilding year.  Money.

I've explain this a million time on this site about how RU list the players.  Rival doesn't have correct info.  Here we go again:  RU returns 16 of the 2 deep on offense.  6 of their 8 top linemen return with experience.  They do lose Leonard FB-starter, Harris TE-starter, S. Johnson TE-3rd backup, Foster WR-5th backup, along with 2 OL-starters.  Defensively they'll be without 8 players in the 2 deep.  They lose Meekins DT-starter, Beckford DE-co starter, Giacobbe DT-backup, Thompson-LB-starter, Frierson-LB-starter,  Roberson-CB-starter, Porter-CB-backup and Collins-CB-backup.

RU will have 7 returns starters on offense (16 total) and 7 starters returning on defense (14 total) with G. Johnson who co-started with Beckford.  I understand how some people have to say a lie enough to make him or herself believe it.  I think this is the case here with a lot of USF fans.  You know about as much info on RU as I do about USF.  I had a USF fan email (scout board) me info about USF that I had no idea about it.  It contain a lot of info that put USF in a different light with some incoming players that address some pressing needs.  I haven't gone into depth about RU, but I am giving better info than rival about the depth and returning players for RU.  It seems like some of you don't want to hear it because you want to believe in what you're thinking already.

go to www.scarletknights.com (RU's official site) to cross check the player's status (eligibility) against rivals and see who's right.  The football roster will show you class listing and eligibility listing as well as position, height, weight, high school and hometown.

thank you.  I remember a thread about this before.  I think Rutgers has a chance to be ranked pre-season with Schiano staying and adding validity to the program's future.  Whatever the pre-season, I think the big east has a good chance to have at least 4 teams ranked next year.