• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How many tix did he gayturds sell

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

They sold their allotment, the cut off was something  around $20,000 in lifetime donations to get tickets. For the National Championship game you get your BCS alotment (around 17,500) and nothing else.

The problem was that Florida seemed to have no shot at making the game because no one in the world believed USC would lose to UCLA and that Michigan would drop. In those 2 weeks or so OSU bought tickets in mass until the prices flew up.

My parents went to the game said tickets an hour before gametime were going for $1200 a piece for nosebleeds.

Guest Toolio(Guest)

Looked about 60-40, OSU to me.

I knew a lot of Gators who went out there without tickets. They just weren't many to be found. OSU got mobilized quickly.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

^I don't understand how someone would do that.  At least try Stub Hub or something.

There is no way in heck that someone is going to find tickets cheaper from a scalper than an online ticket place.

Guest Toolio(Guest)
^I don't understand how someone would do that.  At least try Stub Hub or something.

There is no way in heck that someone is going to find tickets cheaper from a scalper than an online ticket place.

Depends. Lots of times, if you wait until right at kickoff, the scalpers will start dumping their merchandise. If you are willing to take that chance, then it's a great strategy.

For this game, that never really happened. They had so many people without tickets, the demand never really dropped, and thousands ended up watching the game at this huge event right outside with big projections of the game and whatnot for $20. At least that's what I've heard.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Tickets a day before the game were at 1200-3500 a piece on Stub Hub. My parents went to the game and said there were more people looking for tix than scalpers.

The news here in Ohio said there were about 10-15,000 OSU fans there without tickets.