• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Pro Mac Supporters almost had me...

Guest wildrover

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Does winning and losing basketball games mean that much to you in your life? CRM is a good man and he is building a solid program that will turn the young men in his care into good men. Character and discipline are more important than Ws and Ls. I still believe he will turn the program around but it takes time and I think that you will find that a MTV, instant gratification winning program will leave a sour taste in your mouth eventually. Grow up and see college athletics as more than a way to elevate your own egos.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

"Does winning and losing really matter" that much.?

Are you kidding me....?

Would you be saying that if CJL pitched four straight losing seasons.?

give me a break bro

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  0

Does winning and losing basketball games mean that much to you in your life? CRM is a good man and he is building a solid program that will turn the young men in his care into good men. Character and discipline are more important than Ws and Ls. I still believe he will turn the program around but it takes time and I think that you will find that a MTV, instant gratification winning program will leave a sour taste in your mouth eventually. Grow up and see college athletics as more than a way to elevate your own egos.

Good points. Why did we invest in a new scoreboard though, if scores are so inconsequential?

I am not against keeping score, but winning and losing is a fleeting high/low. Look at the Gators basketball championship last year or the Bucs SuperBowl win (see 90% of Buc fans and their feelings toward Gruden now). They are great moments but they are just moments and they pass by very quickly.

If you spend your life chasing those thrills (in anything sports, work, ect.) and are miserable when you cannot obtain them you are little better than a junkie looking for a fix. Its only a game and I appreciate a coach that tries to build a program the right way and teaches his players more than just how to play basketball.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

ROFL.jpg

I nearly laughed out loud.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

haha thats a good picture.

anyways, we will still win 4-6 big east games.  nothing to write home about but when we are dealing with the least funded basketball program in the conference by a LONG shot then i guess it could get better, but AD wont pay for it.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,165

His JOB is to win basketball games.  Good guy or not, if a person doesn't do their job, you replace them with someone who can.  He can still be a good guy and have an impact without being a basketball coach

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

I am not against keeping score, but winning and losing is a fleeting high/low. Look at the Gators basketball championship last year or the Bucs SuperBowl win (see 90% of Buc fans and their feelings toward Gruden now). They are great moments but they are just moments and they pass by very quickly.

If you spend your life chasing those thrills (in anything sports, work, ect.) and are miserable when you cannot obtain them you are little better than a junkie looking for a fix. Its only a game and I appreciate a coach that tries to build a program the right way and teaches his players more than just how to play basketball.

I'd suggest you put away your Al Gore Guide to the Internet and button up your Michael Dukakis helmet and jump into the 21st century, comrade.  Either that, or take the rest of your commune north for socialized flu shots and all the yellow snow they can eat this time of the year.

Remember, it's better to have loved and lost, than forever to have had blue balls.  Carpe diem, Mr. Hillary.

Ok, you guys are right now go strap on a jersey with another mans name on it and live vicariously though their accomplishments and complain if/when they do not do enough to make you feel like a man. I had this all wrong, give me a pill with that brain retardant that your DRs prescribed and I'll join your club.