• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Smarter Dowdell...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,517
  • Days Won:  10

is going to be a Bull!  It makes me wonder what SG had to agree to in order not for us to pursue the breach of contract, or was Zabian a parting gift?

Pahokee Center Signs To Play Basketball For USF

Published: May 21, 2004

TAMPA - Unlike her older brother, this senior from Pahokee didn't ditch South Florida to become a Hokie.

Pahokee center Tamara Dowdell signed with USF's women's basketball team Thursday, a year after her brother Zabian signed with Virginia Tech.

Tamara Dowdell (6-foot-2) averaged 20 points, 15 rebounds and six blocked shots per game as a senior. A two- time Class 3A all-state selection and rated among the nation's top 200 recruits, Dowdell chose USF over Miami.

``She is a very versatile post player who is going to add tremendous depth to our front line,'' USF coach Jose Fernandez said. ``Tamara is also an athletic player who can run the floor and is extremely active on the glass.''

Last year, Zabian Dowdell was recruited by USF and was not pursued by Virginia Tech until Coach Seth Greenberg left USF for Virginia Tech. This violated a clause in Greenberg's USF contract, prohibiting him from recruiting players who had not previously been recruited by his new school for one year after leaving USF.

However, former USF athletic director Lee Roy Selmon decided not to pursue legal action against Greenberg.

Brett McMurphy

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGAQT0ZOHUD.html

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

LRS again proves his worth

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

they should have sued greenberg