• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sox looking at Shilling and Foulke

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

Now that the Yanks have signed both "Flash" Gordon and Sheffield, I think that basically offsets the Schilling trade, they both remain pretty even.  

Schilling obviously bolsters Bostons starting rotation, but Gordon will be great out of the bullpen for the Yanks, something they lacked last season and Sheffield will make that the best lineup in baseball next season.  

Also everyone seems to forget, the Yanks signed Jon Lieber last off season knowing that with his injury he wouldnt play until 2004 to replace Clemens.  If he can return to form and pitch like he did in Chicago, he will be a more than adequete replacement for Roger.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

Lieber was a decent signing but he is older and it is a tough injury to come back from.  Gordon is an injury waiting to happen and hopefully Sheff does not fit in with the clubhouse.  I hope sheff starts season cold and the fans get on him early as he could have a nice tartabull size NY meltdown.  

If the sox get Arod, Nomar will  be playing for the Angels. New rumor has Nomar going west. Sox keeping Manny and trading damon for Arod, then going out and getting a cheaper CF like Cameron.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

So how do the Angels fit in?  Cameron plays for the Mariners right?  You'd have to get alot from Anaheim to trade away Nomar.  Hopefully this works out... but i don't know how you can dissect the best offensive team in baseball just to get Arod... he's a great player, but still  ::)

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

I think going for Arod is a good move for the Sox.  I know last season they were the top ranked offense, but seriously, look at that roster.  All of those guys has a career year at the same time.  I dont think that same lineup could hit that well as a team again.  I think that was a one time deal, just a special season for them.  

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

come on bosox can never beat the yankees

Nomar has one year left on his contract and has stated that he would like to stay in Boston but would not mind playing near his family in California. If the sox could get Arod then they would not care if they got much for Nomar as he would be a free agent anyway next year.  Cameron is with Mariners who are trying to deal him.  Lot of ifs but this MGT team wants to win this year so I would not be surprised if they made a lot of big moves. Hey Steve, the Sox can beat the Yanks and should have beat the yanks but it will happen this year I think. Yanks have a terrible pitching staff and their team is aging. Lot of teams figured Soriano out in the playoffs and found some major holes in his swing. Bernie is old and has bad knees and Giambi was not very good this year. A guy like Sheff could kill the clubhouse and George can always lose his patience and make some bad decisions. It is gonna be one hell of an offseason.  Also Sheff has not signed with Yanks yet and their is a difference in Dollars which I am preety sure will work itself out but you never know.

boston like cubs are psyched out about their curses.they will never get over the hump.these teams and their fan are in need of therapy not ball players

cubs had best two pitchers going at home last  year in playoffs and still lost

No way steve. The curse means more to the writers then the people in beantown. This team this year did not care about the curse. We had the series won but Grady choked and left Pedro in.  How bout the yankmees curse of the Big Unit? They have not won a world series since the Big Unit and the New Mr red Sox whooped up on them in the grand finale.

how do you explain cubs failure to close out series with two aces at home?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

not a curse... it was a choke job, nothing more.

I don't believe in curses, what a joke.