• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Louisville: Better than Florida?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

Joe,

Mario Uruttia dropped a sure TD pass early in that game last night. Wake Forest does have a good defense though. Anytime you can shut out FSU on the road, you have to have some type of defense. Yeah, I know FSU's offense was horrible, but the game was still in Tally.  The BIG 10 has more deadweight right now than the BIG EAST. INDIANA, NORTHWESTERN, ILLINIOS are bad teams. Look at the head to head match ups between the BIG EAST and BIG 10 this year, and you will see that the BIG EAST did well this year. We will never know how well WVU, UL, and Rutgers will do against Ohio St, Michigan, and Wisconsin this season. However, I do know that Cincy gave Ohio St a tough game on the road this season, so I would not think that Ohio St would just walk all over the best in the BIG EAST. Seeing Purdue get blasted by a Maryland team (who was embarrased by WVU this season) does not help form a good opinion about how great the BIG TEN is right now. I know they are 2-0 against the SEC, but it looks like the SEC is not as good as advertised right now. It just goes to show you that the media and fans always hype conferences up too much. The BIG EAST held it own, and they showed that in their out of conference schedule this season. Next season should be a stronger year for the BIG EAST, and it will get even more respect if USF beats Auburn on the road.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Joe,

Mario Uruttia dropped a sure TD pass early in that game last night.

Drops are part of the game, Uruttia is a great receiver and it wasn't Brohm's fault, but dropping passes are part of the game.

Wake Forest does have a good defense though. Anytime you can shut out FSU on the road, you have to have some type of defense. Yeah, I know FSU's offense was horrible, but the game was still in Tally.

I never said it wasn't good, I just think Florida's defensive speed is better than Wake's. Wake's speed is what really hurt UL at points last night.

The BIG 10 has more deadweight right now than the BIG EAST. INDIANA, NORTHWESTERN, ILLINIOS are bad teams. Look at the head to head match ups between the BIG EAST and BIG 10 this year, and you will see that the BIG EAST did well this year.

Well in any 11/12 team conference you are going to have deadweight, it's just the way it works. Depending on the outcome of Monday's game the Big 10/SEC are 1/2 in ranking the conferences.

We will never know how well WVU, UL, and Rutgers will do against Ohio St, Michigan, and Wisconsin this season. However, I do know that Cincy gave Ohio St a tough game on the road this season, so I would not think that Ohio St would just walk all over the best in the BIG EAST.

Moral victories aside, Cincy did hang strong with OSU, but they lost by 30 and gave up 400 yards offense. I don't think OSU would walk over UL, WVU, Rutgers, and possibily USF.

Seeing Purdue get blasted by a Maryland team (who was embarrased by WVU this season) does not help form a good opinion about how great the BIG TEN is right now. I know they are 2-0 against the SEC, but it looks like the SEC is not as good as advertised right now.

Yes, but they're bowl games. You cannot base how good teams are based solely on it. If the Big 10 and SEC (the games against each other were both very close) aren't as good as advertised does that mean the Big East, MWC, and WAC are the three best conferences? No!  Bowl games count for something, but gotta go with the very big picture.

It just goes to show you that the media and fans always hype conferences up too much. The BIG EAST held it own, and they showed that in their out of conference schedule this season. Next season should be a stronger year for the BIG EAST, and it will get even more respect if USF beats Auburn on the road.

I agree the Big East had a great season, but our best wins were Wake Forest, Maryland, Georgia Tech, and Miami. I just don't believe the Big 10 and SEC hype is unwarrented.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

UL is just as good as UF...

UL would be in the NC game had they not blown it against rutgers

Absolutely.

And had Louisville made it to the NC game how many people would say the exact opposite?  

"You know, UF would have been in the NC game if they didn't lose to Auburn, and almost blow it against Tennessee, and Vandy, and South Carolina......"

[/sarcasm]

;D

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

about eqaul, UL better O, UF better D

and defense wins championships!

so FL by a nose

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  358

Although, UL won the Orange Bowl, they did not play that well the first 3 quarters.  If they play that way in a game against UF, the Gators would beat their butts.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

8 team playoff to decide it.  but even when teams lose some of you guys just say their opponent got lucky.  sometimes "underdogs" just out-prepare, out-coach, and are just better.  sometimes...people are just wrong about teams.  despite all the people that would just say UL got lucky, I'd like them, boise state, and wisconsin to have a chance.  as for notre dame and LSU, i dont think either one of them deserve a chance, heh.  but that's just me (they both have 2 losses).  but whatever, throw in LSU and USC and you have a nice 8-team playoff.  

OSU-Boise State, UF-Wisconsin, Michigan-UL, LSU-USC.  nice matchups.

if all top seeds won:  OSU-LSU, UF-Michigan to decide who plays OSU.  Go figure, huh?

whoever won it would be a great matchup.

i've said before that you could space the games out every 2 weeks to allow for travel time, and finish the 2nd week of january.  you could also just use the bowl games (BCS bowl games) then just add 3 more games in the next 2 weeks after that.  considering the BCS is already considering a 4 team playoff (plus one), they might as well skip that step and go to 8.  4 would be an improvement over 2, though.  that would have been the 2nd round matchups above.  if LSU doesn't upset OSU, you have a game to decide who should play UF-Michigan.  personally, i would include undefeated teams as at least the last seed, so I would have had OSU-Boise and UF-UM.  but that's just me.  either way,

I think an 8-team playoff is the way to go.  you'd still get all the controversy about who is the 7th and 8th team (and possible more), but that's better than controversy over the 2nd team.  you'd also be able to include undefeated teams from outside the BCS conferences, which should be done imo (within a certain BCS ranking as is done now for BCS bowl games, which worked for boise state this year).  that would make it more like march madness where "mid-majors" at least get a shot, there is always controversy over who gets in from the bubble teams and seedings, and yet everyone agrees it is the best playoff system in existence because it is so exciting.

to win the march madness tourney you have to win 6 games.  to win an 8-team playoff you have to win 3 games.  seems reasonable to me.  football season is now 12 or 13 games, and a basketball season is around 30 games.

I don't think an 8-team playoff is far off, with a 4-team playoff already being discussed.  we shall see.

top reasons for an 8-team playoff:

#1:  all bowl games remain with either 3 or 7 games added (depending on whether the bowl games themselves are used for playoff, which is probably the best way to do it).  remember, 1 game is already there that is not a bowl game.  just need 2 to 5 more.

#2:  most teams thought to be capable of winning the championship would be included

#3:  just like this year, a mid-major team that has an incredible season would be included if they are in the top 12 of the BCS (or whatever they keep changing it to every year)

#4:  there would still be controversy to fuel interest.

#5:  controversy is not necessary, because the ncaa march madness tournament does just fine with less of it

sorry for the long post.  I think UL could beat UF.  I think UF could beat UL.

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

RU vs. UL on a neutral site would probably go UL way. I couldn't imagine anyone really winning that night against RU. Those fans/player/coaches wanted that win more than anything.

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  358

#1:  all bowl games remain with either 3 or 7 games added (depending on whether the bowl games themselves are used for playoff, which is probably the best way to do it).  remember, 1 game is already there that is not a bowl game.  just need 2 to 5 more.

This is the #1 reason why there will NEVER be an 8 team playoff.  There is no way in hell that many more games will be added.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Yea, I hate that Ito "kicker" guy.

You should actually hate the UL OL who drew the Offsides penalty...Ito missed his chance the first time.

But yeah, I don't like Ito either, since it was his great leg that helped Rutgers beat us this year.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

This is the #1 reason why there will NEVER be an 8 team playoff.  There is no way in hell that many more games will be added.

1.  they already made it mandatory for every team to play 12 games a year.  most played 11.

2.  they add bowl games almost every year.

3.  they already added 1 game this year that is not a bowl game, the title game.

4.  they are already talking about adding a "plus one" which would be a 4-team playoff

5.  adding 2 more games to what we have now is too much?  use the 4 bowl BCS bowl games, add 2 more "Extra" games to what we have in the 2 team playoff right now, and there you go.  how is that not possible?