• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boise State in Perspective

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

i will be curious to see if boise is ranked to start next year.  they might be in a better position than us to win the title.  but i assume we'd have more impressive wins throughout the season.

I certainly don't think that it'll put them in better position than us, assuming the system remains the same or similar to what it is now. BSU doing the same thing next year would yield the same results. Us doing that next year would put us in the NC game.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

i will be curious to see if boise is ranked to start next year.  they might be in a better position than us to win the title.  but i assume we'd have more impressive wins throughout the season.

Boise St. is losing a lot of seniors ... I want to say the announcer said 14 starters? I'm not sure about that. Regardless, they won't go undefeated again, and even if they did it would be a shock if it yielded any result but the one it got the Broncos this year.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Boise St. is losing a lot of seniors ... I want to say the announcer said 14 starters? I'm not sure about that. Regardless, they won't go undefeated again, and even if they did it would be a shock if it yielded any result but the one it got the Broncos this year.

well if they lose a lot of players, then ok.  but they have made a better impression on the nation than we have.  rutgers passed boise this year but next year boise might get more credit.  who are they scheduling OOC?

BCS isn't everything.  i know USF is proud to be in the BCS, and i'm glad they are because it's mostly everything now, but it's still ridiculous.  

this season, Boise State was a BCS team and we were not.  they made it to a BCS game.  we are just in a BCS conference.  they beat 3 ranked teams (at the end of the season, hawaii will move up, they are 27th).

we already know, amazing game, amazing story, I'm not saying this to take anything away from the Broncos. Some were cheering for them as the underdog, still others in hopes that this would bust the B©S wide open, and perhaps many others because they saw a little of us in a team fighting for BCS respect. It's easy to see parallels in some senses, but let's not forget:

WE AREN'T THE LITTLE GUYS ANYMORE.

We shouldn't be hankering for a scrap or a seat at the table. We ARE in a BCS auto-qualifying conference, and we need to march on up to a BCS game and take ours too. The only reason we should be anywhere close to the same sort of story is if we march into the National Championship Game itself, and even that is only because of our short time of existene and hte fact that no one would see it coming but the faithful. But anything else should be par for the course, and is ours for the taking.

2007: YEAR OF THE BULL!

I hate to say this, but, USF is still the little guy.  Sure, we are in a BCS conference -- which makes it easier for USF to get to a BCS game than Boise State or Utah... but that doesn't mean USF wouldn't be treated the same way... David v Goliath.

That is part of why it was fun to root for Boise last night.  To set the college football world a little off center.  To provide a little more reason for top level talent to see that they do not necessarily have to go to the traditional football powers to really make noise on the national level.  To show the nation that there is a new paradigm for college football: parity.

I really believe that in the next couple of seasons, there will be a big BCS crisis because every team will lose a game before Thanksgiving.  The BSU win could be the first domino that will end up with a restructuring of I-A football in the next decade, and I think USF will benefit greatly from that.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

let's put it this way-- do you think UF, LSU, or any of the other teams playing BCS bowls would have any problem at all going undefeated with BSU's schedule?

I'm thinking NO.

So they beat one team of any significance --- nice job. Try doing that 3 or 4 times in one year.

if UF wins the title game, no one else will have gone undefeated.  guess they all need easier schedules.  why are you trying to bring it down?  they deserve a shot.

but when one tries to apply this logic to usf the green and goggle crowd goes crazy

going undefeated is a tremendous achievement and boise deserves to be ranked 4th or 5th

uf deserves to be in championship game

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

Playoff

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

My hope is that CJL was watching and "steals" those two plays. Man they were GREAT!!!

Guest BasketBull.

They played with such poise. USF needs to do that every game. If Boise State players got nervous at all, none of those plays in the end would have worked.

Team effort and smart football is what USF can learn from that game.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I agree with Jim, USF is not big player just yet, the same went for Wake Forest last night.

Boise State was a good team that CAN beat any team in the country on any given day. Does that mean they will beat them? No, in fact if they played Oklahoma 10 times they'd probably lose 8. However, like the young WVU team last year they play hard and bring it to you.