• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UL needs to step up

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

and win the orange bowl.

should WAC be in BCS?

should ACC be out of BCS?

should 13-0 boise state be #2 or CO national champs?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1.) No but this should help build the arguement for a playoff

2.) No they had a down year but to actually suggest that a conference with the programs the ACC has is just stupid

3.) For the NC share, no the BCS is the current system and you have to be in the BCS championship game to win.  As for being ranked #2 i think they could be in consideration but after what USC did today i cant see them being any better than 3rd.  

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

1.) No but this should help build the arguement for a playoff

2.) No they had a down year but to actually suggest that a conference with the programs the ACC has is just stupid

3.) For the NC share, no the BCS is the current system and you have to be in the BCS championship game to win.  As for being ranked #2 i think they could be in consideration but after what USC did today i cant see them being any better than 3rd.  

3.  but USC was the AP champion when LSU won the "title" game.  the current "title" game is just an addition that replaces what used to be the "title" game, which was just 1 of those 4 bowl games.  it's the same thing now with just an extra higher payout game.  that said, i agree they won't be considered for "co-champ"

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

hmm...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  645

Is that the same USC team that LOST to two unranked teams?  Is USC good?  Yes, but number 2 in the nation... I don't think so.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

No, Although Hawaii is getting pretty good (but since Colt Brennan is Leaving it wont last)

No, And replace them with what conference? The WAC?  I'm sure that Boise and the rest of the WAC will be consistantly better than UM,FSU, BC, VT, GT.  Need I say more?

Cochamps, especially if florida wins, but if OSU wins I could see Boise at #2.

Is that the same USC team that LOST to two unranked teams?  Is USC good?  Yes, but number 2 in the nation... I don't think so.

Yes but its the same USC that would beat BSU by atleast 2 scores.  Record wise they are a better team but as for actual play USC is a better team than BSU.  

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549

Yes but its the same USC that would beat BSU by atleast 2 scores.  Record wise they are a better team but as for actual play USC is a better team than BSU.  

Bullspit, the same opinion that is exactly what the BCS shovels down our throats.  If I'm not mistaken, BSU beat Oregon State.

There is no evidence whatsoever that says USC is better than BSU.  There is none that says BSU is better than USC.  But that's the point;  it's all opinion and it can only be decided on the field, so why can't BSU have a shot?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  645

I don't disagree with that Steve.  My only point is that I don't believe that a team that loses 2 times to unranked opponents can be considered number 2 in the nation.  As much as I believe that USC may beat BSU by 2 scores or more, the way the system is set up, it appears that BSU may end up ahead of USC.

Bullspit, the same opinion that is exactly what the BCS shovels down our throats.  If I'm not mistaken, BSU beat Oregon State.

There is no evidence whatsoever that says USC is better than BSU.  There is none that says BSU is better than USC.  But that's the point;  it's all opinion and it can only be decided on the field, so why can't BSU have a shot?

Evidence is in watching that game, John david booty doesnt underthrow recivers when they are behind defenders like OU's were all night.  IF OU had a decent QB they win by 2 scores.  

Also, we all know the BCS is a crap system, but we all also know that to play for a national championship you have to have a schedule thats good enough to get you there.  Maybe if BSU mixed in some top programs for OOC play then they could have had a shot.  The BCS is a terrible system but until it changes everyone knows your schedule can come back and bite you, look what it did to a major university in Auburn a few years ago.