• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Love from Moneypenny

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

PAPAJOHNS.com BOWL

South Florida 24, East Carolina 7

This was the first ever PapaJohns.com Bowl, emanating from beautiful Birmingham, Alabama. Now, let's remember that Birmingham used to have a bowl, the All-American Bowl, which I always dug, because it held the honor of hosting the first ever entire Brett Favre game I watched (Southern Miss, 1990).

I wasn't entirely excited about this matchup, only because these two teams seem like they should be in the same conference. It's bowl season, I want interesting interregional matchups, not bowl games straight out of Conference USA circa 2004. To make matters worse, ECU fumbled the ball on the second play of the game, leading to the game's deciding touchdown by USF one play later.

Game Highlight: Um, nothing eventful happening at all in the second half?

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6303746?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=24

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

As I keep saying, it will take a while for us to get the respect we want.  Although foxsports.com was less than complimentary towards us regarding lack of movement during the second half of the game, the fact is that because there was no movement, ECU didn't score.  Again, if Matt didn't get hurt during the 1st half of the game we'd probably have beaten them by a score like 40-7.

Still and all, I love the fact that we went bowling in the first place.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

what an idiot. So we beat two Top 10 BE teams in back to back years and we still deserve to be in C-USA? wtf?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

It's all perception and this "kid" obviously doesn't follow college football ... if the same was between USC & Michigan, they would have been raving about the D.

Oh well . . . don't expect them to send an actual football reporter to these bowl I guess.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  348

Did anyone see Lou Holtz on ESPN Saturday night?  We were out at 5 points and saw him holding up our helmet and giving us some love, but it was loud and we couldn't hear what he was saying.  Can someone giveme a quick recap?

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

The only comments I heard from him were advice to his son (ECU head coach Skip Holtz)....fuhgedaboutit.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

because it held the honor of hosting the first ever entire Brett Favre game I watched (Southern Miss, 1990)

Did Madden write this?

I wasn't entirely excited about this matchup, only because these two teams seem like they should be in the same conference. It's bowl season, I want interesting interregional matchups, not bowl games straight out of Conference USA circa 2004. To make matters worse, ECU fumbled the ball on the second play of the game, leading to the game's deciding touchdown by USF one play later.

Let's face it... it was was circa 2004.  Back when we whoop ECU then... nothing different.

None the less, we are bowl champs for the first time.  We have time to REALLY make a name for ourselves.  This season opened the door.  Think of it as leaving our "past" behind us.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

He's a UCFer and/or a ECU alum.