• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hope yall enjoyed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  73
  • Days Won:  0

Hope all of you that went had a great time in Birmingham.  I'm sure yall enjoyed the results on the field  ;)  ...but hopefully you were able to enjoy some of the sights and food as well.  Congrats on the win today!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I loved the chance to see a college football game at historic Legion Field.  Yeah, I know how many fans say how crappy and old it is, but what a neat feeling to be in the place where so many major ballgames were played for so long.

No chairbacks, no cup holders, no fancy concession stands, no gaudy and ever-present Buccaneer logos staring you in the face everywhere you turn, no pirate ship reminding you "this aint your stadium", etc.......

But just a place to enjoy a great game.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  971

Thanks UABinBHM for all your suggestions over the last two weeks.  I dined at Dreamland, Milo's, and the Fish Market while I was there.  Never thought I would get a sunburn in December.   8-)

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400

thanks for all you help had a great time the sky in alabama really was blue

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

I had a good time, really enjoyed the trip, and thanks for all the info.

But, serious question: Are they planning a new stadium or at least upgrades to Legion Field?

Example: Just a handrail going up, I cant tell you the number of ppl I saw fall or almost fall on the steps going up.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Enjoyed the game & BBQ

Personally I didn't care for BHAM - way too many racist people I ran into which I found to be discpicable

Hope we never go back to a bowl in that city

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Chitown... what section were you sitting at?

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Hey we enjoyed it!! Yeah had a few glitches along the way but when life hands you salt.......you make Margaritas!!!  To see that win in person was worth any glitches along the way!!!!  Planning to take time to follow the team to Auburn next year and hopefully the BCS game!  Go Bulls ;D

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  295

thanks UABinBHM for all the good info you gave us..you helped so much.if you come to the Tampa area let us know..maybe we can reciprocate all you did..again thanks

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  66

>>I loved the chance to see a college football game at historic Legion Field.  Yeah, I know how many fans say how

>>crappy and old it is, but what a neat feeling to be in the place where so many major ballgames were played for so

>>long.

That is a good point. Count me among those complaining about how crappy the stadium was. It is wonderful to attend a game in a place that has a sense of history but the concessions (it felt like there was some sort of concession worker strike and they had to hire 20 people off the street to set something up) and bathrooms left much to be desired and like was said earlier, install some handrails for heaven sake.

Birmingham is a much nicer city than my first impression gave me (the stadium and airport are in bad areas unfortunately). Of course, if visiting fans came to USF, they may say the same about our surrounding neighborhood. Areas like Homewood and Vulcan Park are really nice!

I also want to add that the people in Birmingham were incredible friendly and nice and thanks so much for your advice for visitors :)

--Joey