• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In the year 2009

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I am still amazed that Zach Thomas is still trying to make a point of being a NFL LineBacker at 5' 11" ... just because Sam Mills was a star at 5' 10" doesn't mean he can also.

;)

A 6' QB is not that much different than a 6' 2" QB ... [highlight]it's about passing lanes.[/highlight] I've seen plenty of 6' 4" QB's get batted balls ...  :o They need a different term for this  :'(

Most NFL scouts dont agree with you however.  If drafting players was just about on the field performance Andre wouldnt have been undrafted. Good  college players drop in the draft all the time because of size concerns (The one you mentioned above Zach Thomas).  Is it right that they do?  In some cases yes in others no.  But is it a reality that NFL scouts look at measurables just as much if not more than on the field performance.  Its a reality that sucks for those players who are ruled "too small" or have "size concerns" but theres a reason why NFL scouts and personel evaluaters get paid what they do and thats because for every Zach Thomas and Curtis Martin there are 50 more that you never hear about because the scouts were right.    

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

" Yes, I've heard of Matt Grothe. Throws touchdowns by the hundreds.  And if HE were here, he'd consume ECU with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arm."  He is Matt Grothe and he will be the best QB Florida has seen in long time!  Go Matt and Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037

randel L  is all I can say... hmmm gives you something to think about.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

randel L  is all I can say... hmmm gives you something to think about.

I would picture Matt as more of a Hines Ward myself.  Not the fastest but very physical pays great attention to detail (good routes, indentifies coverages and adjusting routes) and good hands.  

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

As great as he is.....he has neither the height nor the arm strength to leave for the NFL.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Grothe = Farve/Young  8-)

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

This is all very funny to me because Option #3 was removed. Trust me I felt a sense of hesitation before I listed it. The thing is we should be talking about it in this debate. How many times did the kid go down this year? He has an amazing will to win and sometimes our minds tell us we can do things that just aren't possible (even though we saw Grothe prove that statement wrong). He is PRONE to injury. If we do not get a solid back he will have a severe injury because he is SMALL. Velcro, no need to repost the option but it is part of this debate, no matter how we feel about it.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

It isn't part of the debate... you hesitated for a reason... it doesn't belong and you know it.

Asking someone in a poll if someone is going to get a season ending injury is absurd and horrible karma.  

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

It isn't part of the debate... you hesitated for a reason... it doesn't belong and you know it.

Asking someone in a poll if someone is going to get a season ending injury is absurd and horrible karma.  

This is the reason I hesitated, it's no wonder I've been a board member for so long and rarely post. Thanks for telling me WHY I hesitated.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

You are welcome 8-)