• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF # 1 In recruiting early signing period

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

I dont think that is USF. It could have been.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

No it couldn't... except your head is too think to realize that.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

another blown opportunity

usf has such bad leadership

total bs...

to even call this an "opportunity" assumes that we were thinking about a coaching change in the first place.  If you aren't looking for a new coach, then if someone is out there and you don't get him, you didn't miss out on anything.  If we didn't have a coach, THEN you could call it a missed opportunity.  Not that we would ever hire somebody of that character here.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

yeah, i never knew usf was in the search for a basketball coach last year, considering we were never in talks with anybody, and we would never have given huggins a contract here, we are better than him

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

we are better than him? Will you be saying that when he leads Kansas State to the NCAA tourney while we are sitting at home watching the Big East tourney on TV.

we are better than him? Will you be saying that when he leads Kansas State to the NCAA tourney while we are sitting at home watching the Big East tourney on TV.

YES... we are... we are better than any institution that would hire him now.  Not record wise, but class-wise.

And by saying we are better than him it doesn't discredit his coaching ability (his lack of success in the tournament does that), what it says is that our institution wouldn't stoop so low as to take someone with that poor character to lead our kids just so that we could have a team make the tournament.  Our institution has more class than that.

This is not about huggin's ability to get to the NCAA's, its about his reputation as someone who doesn't care about graduation, doesn't care about the future of his students, and doesn't care about the reputation of his own school.

I'm tremendously happy we didn't stoop to the level of firing a coach to take a chance on someone like Huggins.  If we do have a coaching change, I expect it to be someone who is respected as a person, and respects us, in addition to a good coach.  Huggins always hated us and our fans.  If you went to any games while he was here you could see how much he hated it here.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

YES... we are... we are better than any institution that would hire him now.  Not record wise, but class-wise.

[highlight]And by saying we are better than him it doesn't discredit his coaching ability (his lack of success in the tournament does that),[/highlight] what it says is that our institution wouldn't stoop so low as to take someone with that poor character to lead our kids just so that we could have a team make the tournament.  Our institution has more class than that.

This is not about huggin's ability to get to the NCAA's, its about his reputation as someone who doesn't care about graduation, doesn't care about the future of his students, and doesn't care about the reputation of his own school.

I'm tremendously happy we didn't stoop to the level of firing a coach to take a chance on someone like Huggins.  If we do have a coaching change, I expect it to be someone who is respected as a person, and respects us, in addition to a good coach.  Huggins always hated us and our fans.  If you went to any games while he was here you could see how much he hated it here.

There ya go. To be honest, I'm not as hung up on the class thing as much as some. I just want to win without having a ceiling. Huggins is a great recruiter but his post season record is abyssmal considering the talent he had. I doubt we can get a proven coach that has at least made a couple of Final Fours and knows how to get teams past the first weekend so we're going to need to grow our own, which is the way most successful programs have done it. I don't know if Mac's the one but if not, hopefully we can get one ... It ain't going to be easy, no matter what.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

USF has too much class to hire him? LOL Velcro where do you come up with this crap.  Like we are a catholic program or Harvard.  Bianchi said usf is everything that is wrong in college football, Jim Rome had a nationally televised skit on his show about how usf football fathered about 50 kids 2 years ago bashing the program ( i dont agree with those statements but usf isnt viewed as a do good university, sorry to inform you).  Its like usf is your child and it can do no wrong.  WAKE UP and stop taking this stuff so personal!!!  BTW, Mac isnt graduating players either, cmon man.  

We didnt have too much class to hire him,  we didnt have enough money.  

ps just survive the first 7 games.  Quote of the year!!!  

I would have said, make sure we win the first 7 games because after that we may not win another 3, but im always right about usf bball because it is so predictable. I cant see how the least informed fan could think differently.   Go Bulls cant wait for next year.