• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How stupid do those LSU fans feel??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

How stupid does the person who started this thread feel for not knowing the reality of the situation... ;D

...Gotta ask: are you going to the LSU bowl game?

How much tiger blood is running through your Bull body?  ;)

I'm a Bull first, and a Tiger second.  I'll be in B-Ham, and am dragging the wife with me.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How stupid does the person who started this thread feel for not knowing the reality of the situation... ;D

...Gotta ask: are you going to the LSU bowl game?

How much tiger blood is running through your Bull body?  ;)

He's right, tho.

1) LSU fans didn't actually buy tickets.

2) LSU could very well still be going to the Rose Bowl.

Given those two facts, the first post in the thread seems a bit of a brain fart.

Lord knows I've posted enough stupid mistakes to recognize one when I see one.  ;D

;D Oh well.  Why cant us USF fans do something like that in the future??? I know that we really dont have much clout right now, but I would love to soon have that kind of power and demand. Maybe next season we can do something like that for the Gator Bowl if we dont win the BIG EAST.

We still don't have the fan base yet.  There's two ways that we'll get there: time or success.  It could be a decade or two before we have that kind of fanbase, unless we start really knocking some high profile teams around on a consistent basis.

Guest BasketBull.
I'm a Bull first, and a Tiger second.  I'll be in B-Ham, and am dragging the wife with me.

Good for you!  8-)

;D Oh well.  Why cant us USF fans do something like that in the future??? I know that we really dont have much clout right now, but I would love to soon have that kind of power and demand. Maybe next season we can do something like that for the Gator Bowl if we dont win the BIG EAST.

If USF was in the same position as LSU -- hoping for an at-large BCS bid, I would think they might try something like that.

Doing it for the Gator Bowl is a good idea.  I would expect that it will take 9 or 10 wins, with 5 or 6 in the Big East, to be in a position to push for that game.

We still don't have the fan base yet.  There's two ways that we'll get there: time or success.  It could be a decade or two before we have that kind of fanbase, unless we start really knocking some high profile teams around on a consistent basis.

True. But Tampa people are BIG TIME band wagon fans.  If USF is close to winning the Big East, with a possible Gator Bowl as a fall back, then I think it would be reasonable to try pre-selling tickets.  It could certainly help keep us from having to go to the 'last chance' bowl -- this year it's the Fiesta -- and I think you could see 15,000 - 20,000 pre-sold in that case.

If USF was in the same position as LSU -- hoping for an at-large BCS bid, I would think they might try something like that.

I'm not so certain we would do that.  One of the reasons LSU did it was to show that they could sell as many tix as the Rose Bowl would give them and bring a huge crowd.  I'm afraid that would backfire on USF at this juncture.

True. But Tampa people are BIG TIME band wagon fans.  If USF is close to winning the Big East, with a possible Gator Bowl as a fall back, then I think it would be reasonable to try pre-selling tickets.  It could certainly help keep us from having to go to the 'last chance' bowl -- this year it's the Fiesta -- and I think you could see 15,000 - 20,000 pre-sold in that case.

I disagree with that number, Jim.  yes, they are bandwagon fans and would start supporting.  However, that will take consistent performance.  We aren't there yet, but we're getting closer.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Bandwagon fans go to home games, they don't travel well. See: Miami.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

We should try it next year.  We would really impress the Gator Bowl after selling 1,200 tickets in one week. It would make us a lock for the Bham bowl again. woo hoo.