• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Just a point about bowl attendance that hasn't been brought up.  We are getting the shaft, with no notification prior to the bowl, so it will make it look like we can't bring fans.  We are one of the last teams to be offered a bowl because of the extended BE season, and have one of the first bowls.  Some B10 teams will have a full 3 weeks longer to sell tix to their games.  They have long had their bowl offers and have been selling tix for over a week now, and their bowl is later.  But all anyone will say is look USF can't sell bowl tix.  ECU will say they brought more fans, but look they had an extra week head start to sell tix.  No one will care that we had 2-3 weeks to sell our allotment when everyone else has 5-6 weeks, all they will say is USF doesn't send people to the bowls.  Just something to think about, we got the short end of the stick with the early bowl, especially since the BE regular season ends after everyone else's.    

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

That's a sorry excuse for not selling tickets.... people either want to go or they don't...when the tickets go on sale really doesn't matter.

Did Bulls fans not have enough time to buy UCF tickets?  Louisville tickets?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

Just something to think about, we got the short end of the stick with the early bowl, especially since the BE regular season ends after everyone else's.    

Solution!  Win  the BE and go to a BCS Bowl game rather than one of the also ran bowls.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

I'm not sure, there is a lot of excitement on campus that I've seen from students who would not be classified as "hardcore" fans. A few I talked to today are thinking about going.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

It's not our fault we don't know where were officially going, blame the schedule makers that dont end the Big East schedule on the same week of the season.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

TX,

Lets be realistic, ECU is getting 5 extra days, and almost every published report and bowl projection has had us in the Papajohns.com Bowl since Sunday.

Ya, we haven't been able to peddle the tickets, but those who are likely to attend the game know when and where this game will be and should have started to at least plan accordingly.

As for the casual fan making the trip, it probably won't happen, this bowl game is just cutting it way to close to Christmas.

Finally, The Big 10 teams have had a few extra weeks, but we wouldn't compete with their attendance if they had the same amount of time. Iowa/Wisconsin/Penn State fans will send 20,000+ regardless.

Point being, no excuses, USF will be judged on the number of fans they bring.

1 - The Big 10 and Pac 10 know exactly who their BCS teams will be right now -- they don't have conference championship games.  It's really easy for the other bowls in those conferences to make the invitation.

2 - The Big 12 and ACC will know their line up after the Championship games.  Each of them will only get 1 BCS team.  Still, nether conference can have their destinations 100% set.

3 - The success of the Big East and SEC this year have both conferences hoping for two BCS bids.  While it seems like the SEC will get the two bids, there is still a chance for the Big East to get them.

4 - Notre Dame could still automatically qualify if/when Arkansas loses and drops down, making Notre Dame 8th in the BCS.  Notre Dame's destination will affect USF.

I would rather have to wait until the last weekend of the season EVERY year, than get my bid before Thanksgiving.  It means that our team and/or our conference is doing very well.

Welcome to the B.C.S.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400

to close to christmas?

its to far a drive traffic sucks

only one airline gets there

new years eve?

its a day game

our opponet sucks :P

No excuses.  Just show up. ::)