• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mich still # 2 in the AP poll

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know how you can even compare Ohio State and Michigan to anyone else in the country.  They both play in the same conference that isn't very strong this year.  Because Ohio State played a 2-loss with freshman QB texas?  Because Michigan played Notre Dame who has a weak schedule?  I just don't see what makes them any better than the other top teams in the country.

They are considered great after having a high scoring game. UL and WV were said to have "no defense" after a high scoring game.  

I'm sick of the nation giving such consideration to the Big 10.  If Ohio State wins their bowl.. and Michigan wins the Rose bowl, then fine, rank them #1 and #2, but you can't just give them those rankings because they played each other.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

Not to mention the UF seconday hasnt seen a WR tandem like Manningham and Breason Yet, mix that in with Mike Hart and i think you have a blow out.  

Tennessee's trio of Robert Meachem, Jayson Swain, and Bret Smith would disagree...    UT had a top 10, maybe even top 5 passing offense before Ainge got hurt.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Not to mention the UF seconday hasnt seen a WR tandem like Manningham and Breason Yet, mix that in with Mike Hart and i think you have a blow out.  

Tennessee's trio of Robert Meachem, Jayson Swain, and Bret Smith would disagree...    UT had a top 10, maybe even top 5 passing offense before Ainge got hurt.  

actually ainge ranked 22nd total offense in the country and 20th for passing per game.

I guess he'd be considered top 5 in the country like LSU?? The team that needed OT to beat Ole Miss at home. How they still get all this respect is beyond me.

Just another example of the mediocre SEC. At least UF got another quality OOC win at home!

By the way Kentucky's qb ranks higher than ainge in both categories.

actually ainge ranked 22nd total offense in the country and 20th for passing per game.

I guess he'd be considered top 5 in the country like LSU?? The team that needed OT to beat Ole Miss at home. How they still get all this respect is beyond me.

Just another example of the mediocre SEC. At least UF got another quality OOC win at home!

huh?  http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2006&div=4&rpt=IA_teampass&site=org

UT is #12 passing offense, that is with a backup RS Freshman playing almost all of the game against LSU and the whole game against Arkansas.  And Ainge's per game numbers are flawed because it counts him as playing against LSU when he MAYBE took 5 snaps in that game but it counts against him.  

Bull94 as much as I enjoy you trying to rip on the SEC, it is really getting old because you really sound dumb doing it, please move on to something else.  

huh?  http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2006&div=4&rpt=IA_teampass&site=org

UT is #12 passing offense, that is with a backup RS Freshman playing almost all of the game against LSU and the whole game against Arkansas

now look at individual stats of ainge. you stated that Tenn was top 10 or top 5 with ainge. I simply pointed out this wasn't true.

ainge is #22 total offense per game and #20 passing. maybe your passing offense is better with the freshman?

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2006&div=4&rpt=IA_playertotoff&site=org

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2006&div=4&rpt=IA_playerpass&site=org

And how did Michigan play against Ball State?

certainly better than Tenn did vs. air force or the #2 team in the SEC east did vs. (2-8)Lousianna-Monroe this week.

Bull94, you really are making this too easy...

Ainge is credited with playing 10 games.  He took MAYBE 5 snaps against LSU before sitting due to an injury.  Compute his total offense numbers using 9 games, much more accurate, and he is in the top 10 range with around 270 yds/gm.  Same goes for total passing, use 9 games and he is in the 20-21 completions/gm range which puts him around the top 10 again.  

Maybe they are getting better with the Freshman?? Or maybe you are retarded and don't realize the numbers dropped after the freshman played...

take your pick

Ainge is credited with playing 10 games.  He took MAYBE 5 snaps against LSU before sitting due to an injury.  Compute his total offense numbers using 9 games, much more accurate, and he is in the top 10 range with around 270 yds/gm.  Same goes for total passing, use 9 games and he is in the 20-21 completions/gm range which puts him around the top 10 again.  

Maybe they are getting better with the Freshman?? Or maybe you are retarded and don't realize the numbers dropped after the freshman played...

take your pick

just letting you know what the numbers say rt. no need for insults. ainge played the entire first quarter against lsu. let's divide those numbers by 9.25. takes him out of the top 10 for both.

why don't we throw out everybody's toughest 2 opponents and then recalculate?

if anything this helped ainge greatly. much easier to put up gawdy numbers against the likes of kentucky and marshall than LSU or Ark.

take your pick

maybe we take ainge's 1-6 passing for 3 yards in the first quarter against LSU and project those for a full game ?  

4-24 for 12 yards