• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The new athelete

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Guest r_to_the_izzo

http://www.mlgpro.com/live/

For a younger generation though. Pro Gameing has taken off this year and I have had a first hand look. Not only has it quadroupled in players and payouts this year,it now has a weekly show to recap the season on the USA network.

My brother actually had a story ran on Fox 13 about him and video gameing, some of you might have seen it.

The Finals are going on today and tomorrow, and my brother is playing for up to $35,000 dollars. Since I'm here supporting the Bulls and can't make it to Vegas in a day. I'm just wishing him luck.

This "sport" is expanding and don't be surprised if some on you older guys little Bulls start trying to become professional video game players.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

pro gamers aren't athletes.  Playing slaps takes a great deal of reaction time and consentration, but i wont consider someone who is good at slaps an athlete.  

Guest r_to_the_izzo
pro gamers aren't athletes.  Playing slaps takes a great deal of reaction time and consentration, but i wont consider someone who is good at slaps an athlete.  

Hey, I'll let you try and sit in a chair competting for 10 hours straight while trying to earn money. I'm sure you have the stamina and concentration to do it.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Hey, I'll let you try and sit in a chair competting for 10 hours straight while trying to earn money. I'm sure you have the stamina and concentration to do it.

Gimmie tecmo superbowl and the giants and your on.  Ill merc all comers.

Just because something is hard to do doesnt mean it makes you an athlete.  Athletes require athletic ability.  do you really think the abilities that professional gamers posses translate to baseball, football, hockey, autoracing, basketball, boxing, wrestling, and pretty much any other REAL sport?  Ill give them props because hey they are making a living play videogames and thats a sweet deal but to call them athletes is a slap in the face to REAL athletes every where.  

EDIT:  A better way to put it would be that working advanced calculus problems in an alotted time requires a great deal of mental concentration and ability, but would you consider someone who is very good at calculus a great athlete?  Professional Gamers posses pretty much the same skill set as a "professional calculus worker" but they have better finger eye (yes fingers eye they arent using the same kind of hand eye coordination as most other REAL sports) coordination.  It may be hard to be a professional gamer but its also hard to perform neuro surgery but we dont call neruo surgeons athletes.