• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our own Velcrogrip and

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

the one who coined the phase "Ha Ha, you mac haters are pathetic "  has his own column at SouthFloridaBulls.com.  It just got uploaded, and there will be more to come from our resident basketball guru.  I hope you enjoy his look at the USF Bulls personnel and prospectus.

Robert Hamel on the Bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866
  • Days Won:  0

Outstanding work Mr. Grip, who knew my season tickets were next to the new Bob Ryan!

One small correction, however.  I don't think CHoward will be ready by Vegas, what I had remembered hearing was January.  Did Coach say he might be back earlier somewhere and I just missed it?

But I completely agree with your take... survive the first seven, then let's see what kind of hand we've been dealt with everyone in place.  If we show the heart and hustle we did on Monday, I think we'll be OK.  And the injury cloud does have a silver lining, as there's no way Bozeman gets big minutes (and the ability to show he can really score) if we've got a full roster.  Some kids react better being thrown to the lions, and after one game it looks like he might be one of them.  

By the way, my volleyball broadcast partner Garrett comes to USF from LSU, where he covered LSU hoops as well as several other sports... and he RAVES about Gransberry and what a player he can be.  Says he got stuck in a numbers game with Big Baby Davis and Tyrus Thomas in front of him, but that he's aggressive and can really be a force in the paint.  Can't wait for us to get the full squad on the floor!

No mention of my fearless prediction that Buckley will be the Big East's leading scorer on Dec. 16 anywhere?  :)

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Good point on the "injury cloud"... although I'd rather have seen Howard out there both last year and this year.  

My main concern once howard is back is how do you utilize a 5'10 guard - bozeman.

I guess if we can run a set with Capko as SG, then Bozeman can do SG too.  I really like that kid... he's going to be a tremendous player for us.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

why does capko have to play at all?  if howard is back and bozeman can play....then let him

he doesn't HAVE to... but he is turning into a decent ball handler and can give Howard a breather from time to time.

I don't see Capko getting more than 5-8 minutes a game once everyone is back healthy.

bump... new article published for the SC State game.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Right here

Trying to get the basketball part of the site caught up and Velcro is helping significantly.  I hope you read his work and appreciate his effort and talk about it here.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

good job guys, thanks