• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please tell me why...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

I think that USF may have the fastest defense that WV will play this year, so I hope that we can stop them -- (or slow them down a little bit)

That being said, Pitt moved the ball on WV and our defense shut down Pitt.  So, WV may have a weak defense.  So, I think we'll be able to put up some points on WV.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

and grothe came out of the game.

when grothe is out...our offense takes about a 75% HIT  in production.

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254

It's like Nebraska in the 90s, you can only slow them down. Stopping them is not an option, seriously!

However, I don't think it's just the scheme, Slaton is THE best RB in college football right now. Pat White has shown the ability to throw when he has had to (See: Tommy Frazier) and while the WRs aren't great, they get it done.

Salton the best RB in the country? He's top 5, but not the best. I'd put both Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice ahead of him. Slaton is so productive because of the scheme and that he is EXTREMELY FAST. Other than that, his vision is terrible and he can't break tackles for $hit. Our defense will hold them to their lowest offensive production this year. COUNT IT.

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254

Other guys I'd put above him are Marshawn Lynch, Mike Hart (never fumbles), and Garrett Wolfe

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

...We only put up 22 on Pitt. Their D is terrible. WVU just picking them apart. And vica verca. I expect our game against them to be high scoring

When is it going to be understood that WVU's offense makes everybody's D look terrible.

I guess only when you line up against them.

Those guys are seriously unstoppable.

And I don't think it's Slaton and White.  They're both awesome players, but it's the scheme.  Every freaking run is untouched for 15 yards.  The holes they have to work with are huuuge.  And it does not matter whose defense they are up against.  

I was going to say the exact same thing. [highlight]Can anyone name a defense in the past two years that has not looked like crap against them?[/highlight]

Last year they only scored 24pts on our D.  A lot of that was because we had no O.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

28 I thought.  We held Slaton in relative check (80 yards?), but White made our defense look silly on two long touchdown runs.