• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2 Things to be put to bed regarding GrothE

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

Before the season and the first few games ... concerns were:

1. Looking off receivers. It's common for him to have 9-10 different receivers.

2. Stretching the Field. As I posted on another thread ... we have many passes over 25 yards.

Go BULLS !!!

Before the season and the first few games ... concerns were:

1. Looking off receivers. It's common for him to have 9-10 different receivers.

2. Stretching the Field. As I posted on another thread ... we have many passes over 25 yards.

Go BULLS !!!

First, I agree that he is doing a much better job of looking off defenders... (you don't want to look off receivers, tho)... but having more receivers does not mean he's looking around more.  That is a product of the system ... USF plays 10-12 receivers (TE's RB's etc) each game... so getting them all the ball is as much or more about play calling than checking down to the 2nd or 3rd choice.

Your point is absolutely correct, but you are not using good evidence to support it.

Any concern I had about Matt was assuaged during the first six games.  Now the mistakes that are made on offense are certainly not the fault of the QB.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I fully agree... Matt's "issue" of honing in one one defender was gone shortly after the UCF game.

The kid's the real deal!

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

I think some fans could never get over the fact that Matt was always USF's best option from the day he stepped on the USF campus. Sure, many were so high on Carlton Hill at the time, but I believe most didnt realise on what type of confident attitude in which Matt brings to the program.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

I think some fans could never get over the fact that Matt was always USF's best option from the day he stepped on the USF campus. Sure, many were so high on Carlton Hill at the time, but I believe most didnt realise on what type of confident attitude in which Matt brings to the program.

i was on the groithe bandwagon from day one because he was committed to usf from day one.

welcome aboard newbies!

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Carlton Who? The 1AA reciever prospect?  ;D ;D ;D