• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

H.O.T

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Not to go smazza with the tripple post. But P.S

I'm not negative, I have the balls to say it. You sound like a bunch of idiots. You wanna play your grab ass band geek games do it on your own time, not during games.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

While I must agree that many of the chants are silly, all they are trying to do is bring a little life to a very boring Sun Dome.  YOU may not agree with it, so try something yourself.  

I'm glad you are always the negative guy R... give the band a break.

BTW:  It's "AHHHHHH MAKE IT"  not AHHHH BACON

We as students start plenty of chants. They all make sense, and bring fun to the game. The stuff you guys say is flat out retarded. You guys bring the game down with the stupid **** you say. Just stop talking, and keep blowing. Thats all you have to do.

While I can not attest to whatever they are saying this year, as I am not a part of the pep band... I'm sure it isn't that horrible.  Why don't you write a nice letter to the director and let him know your problems... address found at http://band.arts.usf.edu

BUT, like always, you have one more negative thing to say about the program.  Thanks for the down side of things R... like always.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

While I must agree that many of the chants are silly, all they are trying to do is bring a little life to a very boring Sun Dome.  YOU may not agree with it, so try something yourself.

There ya go. Keep doing what they're doing until the students can get enough there to out cheer the band if they don't like it.

Some of the stuff the band is doing is pretty silly but at least they're trying to liven the place up ...

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

Ok, I'll say it in a way that's not as negative as Rizzo's.

The students start PLENTY of chants.  The band does get in the way sometimes.  While we chant "Defense", they're chanting "Ole", which is a soccer chant.

Next game when they're doing their weird chants look at the students and you'll see plenty of hands and dirty looks because the chants sound ridiculous coming from them.

Did you guys not hear someone from behind us yelling, "Shut the hell up, band!!"?

I know everyone can hear the band in the Sun Dome, its not like its a packed house.  They do their "Ahhh Make It" thing while our player is getting ready to throw the ball.  I think it sounds funnier when I thought they said "We like bacon".

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

I'm glad you are always the negative guy R... give the band a break.

BTW:  It's "AHHHHHH MAKE IT"  not AHHHH BACON

We as students start plenty of chants. They all make sense, and bring fun to the game. The stuff you guys say is flat out retarded. You guys bring the game down with the stupid **** you say. Just stop talking, and keep blowing. Thats all you have to do.

i actually like the band cheers,  i knew what they were saying before the free throws.  its not bad, and they are done before the guy even starts his shooting motion.  and also the ole chant is good for women's basketball games as we have a player on the team from Brazil.  the only person who brings down basketball games is randy with all his negative comments about our team, it ruins the atmosphere.  hey randy instead of talking why don't you keep shoving your fat mouth with some more donuts or something?  it will make the game more enjoyable for those of us who actually respect all the persons on the court.  btw, there will not be a seat saved for you on the bandwagon when we continue to win games.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Ok, I'll say it in a way that's not as negative as Rizzo's.

The students start PLENTY of chants.  The band does get in the way sometimes.  While we chant "Defense", they're chanting "Ole", which is a soccer chant.

Next game when they're doing their weird chants look at the students and you'll see plenty of hands and dirty looks because the chants sound ridiculous coming from them.

Did you guys not hear someone from behind us yelling, "Shut the hell up, band!!"?

I know everyone can hear the band in the Sun Dome, its not like its a packed house.  They do their "Ahhh Make It" thing while our player is getting ready to throw the ball.  I think it sounds funnier when I thought they said "We like bacon".

Why don't you write a nice letter to the director and let him know your problems... address found at http://band.arts.usf.edu

Andy, you weren't at the game today, so you can't really be talking.

And I will write a letter.  Hopefully they can have the problem fixed by the friday game.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

Andy, you weren't at the game today, so you can't really be talking.

just because i wasn't at the game today, doesn't mean i don't know what they are saying, as they have said it at other games i have been to.   and it does not mean i cannot respond to this post.  people need to lay off the band, they do a good job, its a lot harder than everybody thinks, or gives them credit for.  so until you  know what they go through don't talk smack about them.  and at least they are being creative with their cheers, all we ever do now is "defense", "lets go defense", "lets go bulls", "u-s-f".  pretty generic chants, glad the H.O.T. has become creative, like we used to be when i first started here.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

lol... if it really is a problem (I don't know if it is, I have been in meetings every game so far... the old chants last year were fine) e-mail may be quicker... found on the Contact Page under the info tab of the band main page.

They have been singing "Ole" at everything, including football games.  They are just gooing around with that one....