• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Okay, it was an ostrich egg...

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

I dont know what your goals and expectations are, but mine dont include "bowl eligible" every year. Mine include conference and national championships some day.

I agree that those are the goals we should have ultimately as a program however it does have to be tempered with a little reality check. You didn't really expect that this team would be making a national championship push at this stage did you? I mean c'mon we've been recruiting as a BCS team for what? 2 seasons? We have a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go before we should be expecting a national championship calibur team. As far as BE championship, much more realistic but still I think a few years away from that.

I realize the reality of where we are, and as I said: "some day..."

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

....... I'm not going to let some other fan tell ME how I should feel about the situation. Support the team however YOU want to-- I really don't care how you do it. But don't go telling me I have the wrong attitude about how this works just because you disagree with it.

If you're satisfied with mediocre, thats up to you.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473

I'm not going to let some other fan tell ME how I should feel about the situation. Support the team however YOU want to-- I really don't care how you do it. But don't go telling me I have the wrong attitude about how this works just because you disagree with it.

Dear MikeG,

I respectfully submit that perhaps you should consider your own advice. We are FANS, and our team LOST, and we are BUMMED. If you don't want to read about it, stay away from the board for a few days til we get it out of our systems & start looking forward to annihilating PITT.

Sincerely,

amie_abull

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

if that happens-- maybe we as fans need to suck it up and stop acting like the world owes us something, mmkay?

I dont know what your goals and expectations are, but mine dont include "bowl eligible" every year. Mine include conference and national championships some day.

If you're satisfied with mediocre, thats up to you.

The SCHOOL and COACHES keep ringing our ears with BCS this and BCS that. Its time for the FANS to start raising their expectations and hold those same coaches and school leaders to that same standard that they claim to set for themselves.

absolutely-usf should be competing for championships but after this year i would say we are at least 2 more seasons( 2 top recruiting classes are needed)

it starts in february.usf needs to out recruit other big east teams

talent wins

shoop-the problem is that the perception is that  leavitt has done a good job last couple of years when record indicates a less than .500 record.right now expectations are not high at all from usf administration and majority of fans