• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pitt Reporter Looks to South Florida

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

topwidepglogo.gif

Q: If Pitt beats Rutgers do you think they will be a top 10 team? And does anyone in America play a more difficult stretch to end the season than Pitt?

Thomas Rucker, Clairton

ZEISE: If Pitt beats Rutgers they'll be ranked, but not in the top 10. I think it is possible for Pitt to climb to say, the top 15 by the time they play West Virginia if they can win their next three games, especially since there is a bye week in there so they might jump a spot or two extra just because someone ahead of them loses when they are off. It would be great for the Big East if, say a No. 15 Pitt plays West Virginia, who might be like No. 3 or so by then, on national television. As for the ending stretch, it is pretty tough when you consider Pitt plays three ranked teams, including two top ten teams, and two road games at places that are not that easy to get wins at. I really think the game everyone is overlooking is the South Florida game because the Bulls are much better than people are giving them credit for.

Link to Q and A.

Nice to see a little love from the other Big East media members...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Paul is on my regular email list.

It's a good feature for them.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

i just hope we are way better by the time we play pitt and we beat them.

would be nice if they beat ru and are ranked top 20

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

just beat cinci!

;)

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  131

Nice to get the love and I think this in a trend we will see expand throughout the media and "espn" world in the next few years.  The respect will grow as well the awareness, heck they may even stop calling us "Southern Florida" !!   ;D   But first thing first of course, got to take care o' bizness in cincy.   The Pitt home game should be 40K + butts in the seats though!

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

Nice to get the love and I think this in a trend we will see expand throughout the media and "espn" world in the next few years.  The respect will grow as well the awareness, heck they may even stop calling us "Southern Florida" !!   ;D   But first thing first of course, got to take care o' bizness in cincy.   The Pitt home game should be 40K + butts in the seats though!

I hope so....but it is a noon game.  If the past is a predictor of future behavior, then I only estimate 20-25K crowd.  Maybe even less.  I hope people prove me wrong on November 4th!

As always, GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

hotmellow, the game is homecoming for USF.  There will be 35,000 plus.  especially if we win this week.  Did I say the Cinci game THIS WEEK IS GOING TO BE HUGE ?

Guest r_to_the_izzo

25K for a homecomming game? I know as your blowing your little heart out you don't see the crowd, but there will be at least 35K for homecomming, eggs and kegs.