• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe held out of practice for the second day

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I have faith in Pat. He is not Grothe but our recievers are doing a better job this year compared to last, and Pat has been there before and is capable of leading this team.

Prove the numbers to back up that statement. I honestly do not understand how you can sit there and say he is capable of leading this team, he never has and his athletic ability (or lack of) will not allow him to in the future.  

***For those out there who get defensive when players are being criticized, I am only criticizing his play not him as a person.

pj will lead the team to defeat

how many games will it take  someone to realize pj is inept at qb position? it appears to be different for everyone!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I have faith in Pat. He is not Grothe but our recievers are doing a better job this year compared to last, and Pat has been there before and is capable of leading this team.

Prove the numbers to back up that statement. I honestly do not understand how you can sit there and say he is capable of leading this team, he never has and his athletic ability (or lack of) will not allow him to in the future.  

***For those out there who get defensive when players are being criticized, I am only criticizing his play not him as a person.

Why is it anytime anyone has something nice to say about PJ, a bunch of fans jump in their face and make him sound like the worst thing that ever happened to USF? I'm not asking you to change your opinion of the player -- just to give the whole "we hate PJ" thing a rest. It's a lose lose situation. If you are wrong (and we win with PJ at the helm), you look foolish or will find some way to discredit PJ regardless. If we lose, well-- you were right but was it necessary to throw PJ under the bus for not being Grothe?

I'm just asking for our fans to be have a little class when it comes to players for a change. Most of us are classy. But a few people like to pipe up about how much this or that sucks whenever the opportunity presents itself. Is anything gained other than some know-it-all feeling that you sure told us what was going to happen? Basically you are telling us things we already know but the difference is that our camp (the Green and Gold glass is half full crew) chooses to hope for the best since utlimately we want the Bulls to win more than to look right.

OK-- we get it-- some of you think PJ is the worst QB in the country (he's not) and you want to bash him every chance you get-- but please-- for the love of all that is Bully-- can we suspend those types of comments until he actually does something that is worthy of being criticized? I certainly would appreciate not having to wade through it anymore.

mikeg-you are hypersensitive

you can rest assured when someone says, "pj can lead the team" you will get an immediate response.

but the way,pj was certainly one of the worst qbs in the country and started about 17 games too many

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

why would we be worried when grothe says he wants to get the boot off soon and practice and he played the 2nd half of the game saturday?

pj stuff is a moot point but you guys (that criticize) could get off his back and give him a chance if he has to play.  but you wont, so whatever.

i'm almost beginning to hope grothe is out just 1 week and julmiste wins the game, but it would take away from grothe's accumulating stats that will threaten some USF records so i'll let it go.