• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oracle: Band Uniforms... again....

Guest R_to_the_izzo
R_ , like I stated earlier, I was sitting next to the band and they indeed play all the time and as loud as they could.  What do you suggest they do?  I don't see this as the band's fault at all.

I'm not saying it's the bands fault.  I'm saying they don't need to be crying for new dresses.  Of course they're going to soud loud if you're right next to them.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

R_ , like I stated earlier, I was sitting next to the band and they indeed play all the time and as loud as they could.  What do you suggest they do?  I don't see this as the band's fault at all.

I dont know what they should do, but I DO know that where I sit(southeast corner, next to visitors), I can barely - and sometimes not at ALL - hear them.

When we sat on the other side, the band would help with the atmosphere and the hoopla and all that stuff. This year though, the band has really been a non-issue.

I dont know anything abuot band related things, so I dont know what I would suggest....

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  296

Do you think you SHOULD be able to hear them if everybody around you is making noise?

So the ONLY time he presses his hands to his helmet is when the band's playing but the crowd's not making any noise........ Do you keep a log?  

Yes. If I'm 100 yards away from the band, I should be able to hear the fight song when we score. I've been to games at the Doak. I've been to games in Tuscaloosa. I've been a Vandy-Tennessee game. No madder how loud the crowd gets, you can hear the fight song when these teams score.

No I don't keep a log. But I am not the casual fan. I don't watch the game from a fans view, I watch it alot closer than that. Ask anyone who sits with me. I do notice Grothee having trouble when the bands playing. May it be something completly unralated? Sure. I'm just telling you what I see.

If our band had ~75+ years of existance, 400+ members, and we played in a stadium more accoustically friendly, this would be a reasonable argument.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

It is a waste of your time to try to have an educated discussion with R_to_the_Izzo.....

Guest R_to_the_izzo
It is a waste of your time to try to have an educated discussion with R_to_the_Izzo.....

You going to call me out like that? Cause I disagree with you? Or was it because I turned your date with me down? I know you smoke the **** (I've seen conversations online of you asking for mens pictures) but that doesnt mean you need to try and hate on me.

Guest R_to_the_izzo

You wanna call me out. I sit in the front row at every game next to the studs. Come see me you midget. I would shove a flute up your ass but you would enjoy it too much.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

i sit next to izzo, and i can't hear the band either.  when we scored against rutgers on friday night, i missed the fight song, because i couldn't hear what the band was playing.  i didn't even realize they have played the fight song until i heard some of the crowd spelling south florida.  a suggestion to make the band heard more, is to have a mic in front of the band, and situated throughout the band, so we can play it over the loud speaker.  miami does it, and you can hear the band.  i don't care if you like it or not, i'd rather hear the band than not hear it.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

You wanna call me out. I sit in the front row at every game next to the studs. Come see me you midget. I would shove a flute up your ass but you would enjoy it too much.

Grow up, if you want to have the band heard all over RayJay, put up the dough and enclose the stadium into a full circle or horseshoe.  You say you sit by the Beefstuds, you should be able to hear the HOT.  I just sat behind the goalpost, 2nd row in the student section and heard them loud and clear.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

Hey guess what?  I also sit on the same section and I can't hear the band play.  You guys need to lighten up.  If someone says they can't hear then band then they can't hear the band.  We all have fun at the games regardless.

And HotMello...don't call out Rizzo because he thinks you guys don't need uniforms.  You're probably bitter that he turned you down.

Guest R_to_the_izzo

Grow up, if you want to have the band heard all over RayJay, put up the dough and enclose the stadium into a full circle or horseshoe.  You say you sit by the Beefstuds, you should be able to hear the HOT.  I just sat behind the goalpost, 2nd row in the student section and heard them loud and clear.

Hold on. You want me to pay for the Glazers to build an enitely different stadium because the band has so few members you can't hear them less than 100 yards away? I do sit by the Beefstuds. Everyone who sits with me who has been in this thread agrees with me. But I forgot, anyone who supports the band getting new dresses is right in this thread. You know where I sit, I'd love for you to show me how to grow up at Uconn.