• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oracle: Band Uniforms... again....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

Here, I just solved the band's uniform problem.  This will cost you about $30 per member and you can buy new ones every year.  It will go great with our "south florida" image plus it will keep you cool.  Just get it in white, with the USF logo, and you are all good to go. No need to thank me.

guayabera.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

The band does not make the college atmosphere. Is it a part? Yes. How big? THat is for you to decide.

Hell whenever the team is actually doing good, the students at the oppisite corner from you guys can't even hear you. If there is any kind of cheering we can't hear the band, and we sit within 100 yards of you guys.

sounds like you have pretty crappy seats... i suggest moving closer to the fun

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

Here, I just solved the band's uniform problem.  This will cost you about $30 per member and you can buy new ones every year.  It will go great with our "south florida" image plus it will keep you cool.  Just get it in white, with the USF logo, and you are all good to go. No need to thank me.

guayabera.jpg

I own three of those shirts already......And yes they are "cool" and cool to wear!

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Yeah, the band gets people into the game. But noone cares what they have on. The do the tom-ahwak chop, no one is looking at them. They dot the I, the don't look at the uni's they look at the formations.

Until we get the winning tradition on the field, you shouldn't worry at all about the uniforms of the band or the helmet colors, unless of course this topic is more intreasting to discuss then the two game losing streak we have on our hands thanks to Kansas and Rutgers.

To clear up a couple of things

1)A sharp looking band and a good football team are not mutually exclusive therefore we can have both (and discuss both) without one affecting the other. Leavitt & co can worry about the team and the band can worry about the band, both will try to better themselves and hopefully they both will...I personally have no problem discussing either.

2)When I commented on the importance of how the band looks it wasn't about the old uniforms vs newer uniforms, but instead it was to speak out against the absurd notion of our band wearing cargo pants and polos. Maybe others don't agree that the band is an integral part of the college atmosphere for football (based on all the ******** about the piped in music I highly doubt there would be many that disagree) but I hope everyone does agree that they represent our school and as such they should look sharp.

btw, I would also like to point out that the big doners that we want to attract are generally going to be wealthy individuals that are also highly interested in the arts and many come to these games with a big interest in watching the band perform. Do we really want to give a bad impression to that group of people?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  130

I'm not a big fan of white... but thin fabric would be cool

White looks pretty good to me :) and it's a heck of a lot cooler in the sun.

Picture it with green pants and trimmed in green and gold :)

IMG_1109_JPG.jpgIMG_1229_JPG.jpg

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

marchingChiefs003.jpg

I knew those OU band unis looked familiar

07_02_2003_BlueDevils03Sallee.jpg

Disregarding the glittery areas, my HS Band unis looked like this, and they were also purple and not blue.

The band does not make the college atmosphere. Is it a part? Yes. How big? THat is for you to decide.

Hell whenever the team is actually doing good, the students at the oppisite corner from you guys can't even hear you. If there is any kind of cheering we can't hear the band, and we sit within 100 yards of you guys.

The HOT was a major part of the college atmosphere this year at the Citrus Bowl, despite the oppressive heat.  Kudos to the band members.

white unis would suck, in my opinion.  Imagine how dirty they would get after only a game or two, believe me I know from experience.

Imagine how any color uniform would smell if you didn't clean it regularly.

The football team wears white and they actually roll around in the dirt.

Guest R_to_the_izzo

Those "crappy" seats are the ones on the first row with the bullies and the studs. It's tough being in the first row and caring about the game instead of how our band only plays when we have the ball. I like making it as hard as possible on our R.S freshman QB.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  296

Those "crappy" seats are the ones on the first row with the bullies and the studs. It's tough being in the first row and caring about the game instead of how our band only plays when we have the ball. I like making it as hard as possible on our R.S freshman QB.

That's when Athletics tells the band to play. The band doesn't make a peep unless it's ok'd through whoever's on the other side of the headset from athletics.