• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I don't think you guys have to worry so much!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

Many of you seem to be worried about getting the necessary number of wins to be bowl eligible and I have to say that after playing you, I don't see any real problem!  I think you clearly have at least three wins in the BE against UCONN, Syracuse and Cincy and maybe just another upset like Louisville last year.  UCONN appears to be in free fall and probably will end up in the cellar this year. Syracuse may be on a 3 game winning streak, but they have not played the likes of you guys and that includes Iowa who had a pure vanilla QB who couldn't do much.  Cincy is probably the best of the 3 when you consider their OOC schedule and performance in those games, but I still think you'll take them.  As for your upset, Louisville is tough at home and they will definitely not be looking past you and I really think WVU will win out the conference schedule so that leaves Pitt who may not really be all that good if Palko gets rattled.  Your D will have to do a lot more blitzing than I saw against us to do that though.

Your QB is absolutely fantastic and throw in he's a freshman that it is really mind boggling to think what he appears to be capable of both right now and for the rest of his career.  Sure, he'll make freshman mistakes, but in the long run he will learn so **** quickly that the good will easily outweigh the negatives.  I don't know if your receivers are as good as they seemed against us since we have a history of not defending the pass all that well but they seemed very tall, fast and loaded with great hands and balance.  So, once your suspended/injured guys get back I see you very possibly finishing no worse than 4th and that should get you a bowl.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

And we play UNC

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Thanks RUich.  That was a great game Friday.  Good luck the rest of the way.  Ray Rice was a beast.  If you get some improved qb play, you guys could win 10 games this year.

BTW, our receivers are that good, other than LBs that is our deepest position on the team.  We are stacked there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

I would give a nod to our DB's for depth also

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

I want to wait and see what happens during the UCONN game. If USF does not win that game then I think it will be tough to talk about any bowl game.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for the nice words...you guys brought a load of spirited fans with you and it was a great game.  A disappointing one for us, but I think our guys learned a lot from it and they will only improve from here on out.  Congrats on your team's successes this season.  Go Big East!