• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF running backs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

This topic deserves to be discussed in greater detail then I have seen. I keep reading over and over about the injury to Moises and the suspension of the Idiot and how that is killing USF. I understand that most teams could not lose their starting 2 RB's but I feel that the starting 2 RB's at USF would be the 3rd or 4th stringers on most teams that USF desires to emulate.

If you disagree or agree please let me know why?

* footnote - I did not take the time to review the RB's at all the schools in the top 30 - 35, where I bullieve USF should be ranked .

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

What's your argument, that Plancher or Ponton wouldn't be 1st stringers on UF or FSU?  Really?  That's f'ing deep, why don't you tell us how our offensive line wouldn't be starters on the Seattle Seahawks.

Yes, we would love to recruit the kids that are 1st stringers on Ohio State and Notre Dame.  Why don't you put a note under the pillow for the Recruiting Fairy to find and maybe we'll have the next 5-Star Walter Payton commit to us via fax in the morning.

If recruiting the cream of the crop was that easy, we'd have 10 national championships just because, as Smazza says, we're in Florida.  It's not.

Seriously, this negative bull**** needs to end.  

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah, what he said ^^^^^

Awesome guys, I am asking a legit question and you respond like the 8 year olds on my sons baseball team.  Is it a lack of ability to argue the point that USF's top 2 RB's would not see the field for any of the schools we would like to be like or did you see something in their ability that I missed.

I did not see enough from the running game with these guys to say all would be corrected if they were playing. This negative crap you suggest is in response to all the other responses citing their lack of presence on the field as the reason for the putrid running game.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Bullish, reality is that if UF, FSU, or UM had wanted these guys, they would probably be there.  Hence, they would not be starters in those programs.  Therefore, it was a stupid question, unless of course your point is to belittle our recruiting efforts.

Bullish, if our top 2 backs wouldn't see the field at other programs, then what do YOU suggest we do to remedy that?  Discuss it on a message board?

It is what it is.  But you're starting two arguments within a loaded question.

1.  Would we be better with OUR top talent at RB instead of OUR 3-5 string? Of course.  What team wouldn't be better with their two-deep intact?

2.  Would our RBs start at FSU?  Who the F cares?  THEY are the kids who chose to come to USF, wear the Green and Gold, and bust their ass for the school for (hopefully) 4 years.  I personally could give two ****s if they could start at Western Kentucky.  They're my team and I support them.

Good enough?

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431

Just because our missing RBs might not be 1st string in a bigger program doesn't mean anything. Their absence can mean a lot. Let's put RBs into grades low, mdm, and high for example. Most top programs have at least one, if not two, highs and several mdms. A less developed program like USF has one high if they are lucky (Hall), more often one or two meds, and several lows. If such a program is unlucky enough to lose their meds, they are stuck with lows, no offense to our players, to go along with whatever other grades they have at their other positions. USF is lucky enough to have a high-grade QB right now that is playing with low-grade RBs. If you increase the grade of the RBs, even slightly, it could make a big difference in the ultimate outcome of the overall effort. Just my two cents anyway.........

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Ponton did well backing up Hall... whether you want that to be a good thing or not is up to you.

Note: Ponton was listed as 2nd string this year when spring drills started (maybe a week into drills).  That says a lot about Plancher.

ONE MORE WEEK!!!

We lost to a (now) 5-0 team and to KU by 6 who just lost to #21 Nebraska (in Nebraska) in OT.  And they could have won if it weren’t for the turnover and mistakes (darn that sounds familiar).

College football is exciting and you never know what can happen.

Hang in there… one more week.

UCONN and Mike, the relevance is these 2 RB's would not have made a difference in any of the games USF has played, IMO

The Idiot was a low level back maybe our second best last year and best returning back but still a low level back from the games I have seen him play. Now was it talent, scheme, lack of OLine, I am not sure and that is what I am trying to find out. I am looking to the sages of the message board to tell me.

Moises looked good for the few plays he played this year but that was against the mighty McNeese squad. Not much of a barometer. Could he have been the back to make a difference, I am not sure.

My question goes beyond the top schools and looks into the schools from 30 to 40 in rankings. If you could have those two over any of the schools ranked in the top 40 let me know, from my review they are not as talented and therefore not going to make a difference. Is it a slam at recruiting you be the judge but I am still trying to identify why these 2 RB's would have helped this team win. I did not see any holes on Friday nor in the McNeese states game that Walter Payton could have run through.

I will try the recruiting fairy suggestion, it has been your best yet.

CR thanks for taking the time to explain your answer.

UCONN and Mike, the relevance is these 2 RB's would not have made a difference in any of the games USF has played, IMO

The Idiot was a low level back maybe our second best last year and best returning back but still a low level back from the games I have seen him play. Now was it talent, scheme, lack of OLine, I am not sure and that is what I am trying to find out. I am looking to the sages of the message board to tell me.

Moises looked good for the few plays he played this year but that was against the mighty McNeese squad. Not much of a barometer. Could he have been the back to make a difference, I am not sure.

My question goes beyond the top schools and looks into the schools from 30 to 40 in rankings. If you could have those two over any of the schools ranked in the top 40 let me know, from my review they are not as talented and therefore not going to make a difference. Is it a slam at recruiting you be the judge but I am still trying to identify why these 2 RB's would have helped this team win. I did not see any holes on Friday nor in the McNeese states game that Walter Payton could have run through.

I will try the recruiting fairy suggestion, it has been your best yet.

CR thanks for taking the time to explain your answer.

Valid, and for what it's worth, I've been complaining the whole year that our line isn't opening holes for our backs and that our blocking is horrible on outside runs.

BUT... our backs don't hit the hole with any ferocity.  Ponton is (if you'll recall from last year) a back who hits the line hard and falls forward for a few extra yards instead of dancing behind the line looking for a hole.  That, IMO, would make a difference in our current ground game.  It could be the difference between 3rd and 2 and a first down.