• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reminder: Grothe has 3 more years!

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

Andre was great and he certainly brought a lot to USF football. But a RB will never run the show like a QB can -well, maybe Barry Sanders.

I don't care, I'll take the losses now knowing that Grothe is only going to get better. There is just something about college football when you know that your QB can make something happen and win the game for you.

It's been too long since MB took a snap as a Bull.

Finally... Finally... the magic has comeback to USF.

National TV, top 25 team, Big East opener, fans are leaving, almost no time on the clock, and Grothe is in there making things happen, limping and all. Hill catches that ball and it's overtime!

--GO BULLS!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

yep. we are lucky to have grothe. the kid can flat out make plays.

it's nice having my gator/nole buddies saying "****, who's that qb for usf?"

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  143

i thought he was pretty solid tonight except for the 2 INTs and 1 fumble....but here's to being an immature freshman quarterback in NCAA football.....bright future this kid has.

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

AMEN to all the comments. This guy is amazing! Even with the loss, he was RIGHT there righting hard. He has such poise and concentration. But, yes, still very young and experience will only make him all the more great.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

DMRXAVSMDJVQWIP.20060930020518.jpg

And he holds on to the ball correctly ... didn't see the strip  :P

The INT's were bad, especially the 2nd.

But, this kid never gives up and almost wills the wins ... I still see this team doing "well" this season. You never know until 0:00.

I just hope we can recruit some serious talent (especially in the trenches) this season that can play on the 2 Deep in 2007. Would greatly help our depth.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  1,013

It's a great feeling to know that the game is never over with him on the field.  

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Both INTS were mistakes that you would expect out of a Freshman. I doubt you'll see that happen much again. He knew he made a mistake and battled back after. The fumble was a bit disheartening because we were driving down the field. The Rutgers defender made a good play.

Matt is getting better each week and once we get that running game the sky is the limit.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

It's been 4 years since we've had even a decent guy under center.  And now, we've got a budding star!!

I just hope we can fill in the holes around him!  We need some awesome play from an awesome RB (either someone currently on the roster, or a prized recruit) and some nasty O-linemen who will drive some defenders into the defensive backfield!

Can you imagine Grothe with defenses having to account for the legitimate threat of a running game? (and I don't mean Grothe's running game.....I mean an actual RUNNING back)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Agree 100%

Regarding the O-Line, we get everyone back, less Watson.

(Year for 2007) 2 Deep

FR Boger

SR Capogna

SR Carnes

JR Dile

SO Fox

JR Griffin

FR Hermann

JR Huners

FR Ide

JR Scmidt

FR Sims

SO Tolley

SR Walker

We have been banged up this season, hope these guys can gel the rest of the season. Do see a light at the end of the tunnel - feel good about 2007. And if one of teh FR can step up to teh 2 Deep ... still hoping for major O-Line signee or 2.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Is it me or is our 2 minute drill incredible... When we focus on mixing it up... we've had mixed success, but we have moved the ball when we've needed to.

Perhaps there is something to this No Huddle-2 minute Offense that just fits our game.