• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa Trib: Leavitt Says Fridays Are For Preps

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  130
  • Days Won:  0

I'd start feeling like we need an OCS.   ;)

How many people would pass up the Bucs vs the Cowboys at the RJ to see the Bulls play Woffart at the USF OCS?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  130

USF needs more fans in the stands more than it needs National TV and $150,000>

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

There's a nice high school about 2 blocks from my house. Every year for the last 3 years my girlfriend and I talk about going to a game. They are a pretty decent team. Made it through districts last season after winning their division. We have absolutely no stake in the high school - well, I guess we do in that our taxes helps pay for it. But, we have no children and don't know anyone else that has children that play. So, it's been 3 years now of talking about going and 3 years of not doing it. Always seems like something better is going on. Like someone else stated, there really isn't much of a draw for the non-high school group.

Ditto.  I live literally right next door to Tampa Catholic, who is having a spectacular season.  Talked about going to a game with my son for a few years now, never did it.

Don't have a vested interest in the school either.  It'd be a curiosity visit for me.

I also live in Wellswood, sure is a long drive from the stadium. :)

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158

I'd start feeling like we need an OCS.   ;)

How many people would pass up the Bucs vs the Cowboys at the RJ to see the Bulls play Woffart at the USF OCS?

Me.

There's a nice high school about 2 blocks from my house. Every year for the last 3 years my girlfriend and I talk about going to a game. They are a pretty decent team. Made it through districts last season after winning their division. We have absolutely no stake in the high school - well, I guess we do in that our taxes helps pay for it. But, we have no children and don't know anyone else that has children that play. So, it's been 3 years now of talking about going and 3 years of not doing it. Always seems like something better is going on. Like someone else stated, there really isn't much of a draw for the non-high school group.

Ditto.  I live literally right next door to Tampa Catholic, who is having a spectacular season.  Talked about going to a game with my son for a few years now, never did it.

Don't have a vested interest in the school either.  It'd be a curiosity visit for me.

I also live in Wellswood, sure is a long drive from the stadium. :)

I love the neighborhood, especially on game night.  There's definitely some electricity in the air around the school now that TC plays on their own field.

Now if they could just bulldoze those apartments, I'd be in heaven.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

Nice of Steinbrenner to donate the stadium, eh?

I am so glad we finally got a stadium but kinda ticked that my class did a ton of fundraising and did not get it while we were there.  

If you think the atmosphere is good now just wait until TC plays Jesuit for the first time ever at TC.  I cant wait for that game.  Don't worry it will be safe around TC b/c of all the cops that will be there!   ;D

Nice of Steinbrenner to donate the stadium, eh?

I am so glad we finally got a stadium but kinda ticked that my class did a ton of fundraising and did not get it while we were there.  

If you think the atmosphere is good now just wait until TC plays Jesuit for the first time ever at TC.  I cant wait for that game.  Don't worry it will be safe around TC b/c of all the cops that will be there!   ;D

I hope so.  I live exactly 2 streets north of that field, and I don't need tear gas wafting over into my yard!   ;)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

who is leavitt kidding

if he didnt want the game friday night it wouldnt be friday night and this double talk doesnt help

this has been set for friday for sometime so it shouldnt hurt attendance that much

with rutgers being ranked this is now a big game with signifcance

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  47

i went to Jesuit and TC and played baseball at both.  As someone who was kicked out of Jesuit due to academic reasons and ended up being taken in by the academic juggernaut of Tampa Catholic, i know that the rivalry is fierce.  I dont know who to cheer for on this one.  But i DO know that TC's 1st home game ever vs. JHS will be historic, and all those TC/JHS fights afterward will line the streets of tampa with catholic blood like a Tiger Crusading through the middle east!

go bulls

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

i went to Jesuit and TC and played baseball at both.  As someone who was kicked out of Jesuit due to academic reasons and ended up being taken in by the academic juggernaut of Tampa Catholic, i know that the rivalry is fierce.  I dont know who to cheer for on this one.  But i DO know that TC's 1st home game ever vs. JHS will be historic, and all those TC/JHS fights afterward will line the streets of tampa with catholic blood like a Tiger Crusading through the middle east!

go bulls

I'd root for the school that didnt kick you out!