• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mascot Anyone

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

I thought it was pretty cool, but while were picking on this guy, Florida has more than a bit of a cattle industry.  Florida is the second largest cattle state in the U.S.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

"Despite the objection of certain Native Americans throughout the United States, Florida State and the Seminoles of Florida maintain a close relationship, with the Tribe resolving to allow the university to continue to use its name as a symbol of the school. The authentic regalia worn by Chief Osceola and Renegade is designed by women of the Seminole tribe each year."  so, obviously something is authentic.

that's on wikipedia

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254

that's on wikipedia

;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm glad wikipedia is your reliable souce of information. Please watch this, just to prove how ridiculous you are for saying that.

http://snm.imeem.com/video/4tZCfAR3/stephen_colbert_on_wikipedia/

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  106

Syracuse Orange very funny but not as funny as this ...

They were pedestrians who walked around. Spears were used by natives in the Midwest. Seminoles used muskets.

Are you serious??? Muskets?? God I can't stop laughing. So, please do tell,  what year did they invent the musket and start exporting them to Europe?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

yeah, stephen colbert exploits wikipedia, and people get things wrong a lot.  why would someone make that up about the seminoles?  i'm not going to research the thing, i've known it for awhile that the seminole nation was responsible for the whole mascot to begin with.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Winbane is correct, both the mascot and Renegade (the horse) are authentic and were designed by the Seminole tribe of Florida. Renegade has something special about him to the Seminole tribe, can't remember it's been a few years.

Dunno about the spear.

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254

Syracuse Orange very funny but not as funny as this ...

They were pedestrians who walked around. Spears were used by natives in the Midwest. Seminoles used muskets.

Are you serious??? Muskets?? God I can't stop laughing. So, please do tell,  what year did they invent the musket and start exporting them to Europe?

Um let me see....Perhaps it was the Europeans that introduced the musket it to them...The Seminole Wars didn't occur until the 1800s. Before that they would've used either war hatchet (hence the tomahawk chop tradition) or a war axe