• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

week #3: the BE has arrived

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

BE has to beat ranked teams

ul beating miami is a start

wv's soft schudle isnt getting them love

didnt pitt get smoked by mich st

rutgers and usf havnt beaten anyone

cinni and cuse havent beaten anyone

until BE beats teams of notoriety they will get no respect

it is bad that WV has such a BS schedule

A few things about this.  First, WVU has the perception of a BS schedule because it plays in the BE.  It is hard to have a "strong" schedule when you are in a "weak" conference.  Secondly, just like USF, WVU had teams drop them last year, had potential top 25 teams leave the schedule for the ACC, and has a govenor that schedules in state games against Marshall.  Not much anyone can do about that.  

I imagine all teams have similar problems at some level.

Now, the season is early so to suggest that losing to Mich State is bad or stated teams beating no one yet is flawed on many levels.  If Mich State wins the Big 10, do you still consider that Pitt loss bad?  How can you tell which teams are good or bad after only 3 weeks?  Heck, anyone hanging their hat on a Miami win right now is jumping the gun a bit.  They are playing terribly.  You, like most others, are judging how good a team is on reputation alone.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

What I love about the BIG EAST is that we play every team each year unlike those big conferences like the ACC or SEC. I love the fact that we have to line up against every BIG EAST team this season. Also, we just need 4 strong teams to have a stong league in my opinion. Right now it is UL, WVU, Rutgers, and hopefully USF. Pitt kind of had their chance to get near the top 25 if they would have beat Michigan St. Otherwise, I think the BIG EAST is showing that they can hang with the other power conferences.

Are you kidding??????? Just in case you were wondering, the SEC has two different divisions, where you play all of those teams yearly, plus one or two teams from the other division. This year, the other two teams Florida gets to play are AUBURN and LSU!! How is any schedule the Big East throws in front of you not a cake walk compaired to that.

Have you guys noticed that our "better" recruits beck out of their verbals to go to the SEC schools, ie. Dexter McCluster to Ole Miss and Jarrod Fayson to UF. Top to bottom, the SEC is a much more talented conference. Maybe in the future, if the schools like USF, Louisville and Pitt continue to go to bowl games, and teams dominate like WVU did in the BCS bowl last year, then we might have a better chance at landing talent like that. Right now, the SEC is in a different class than the Big East.

Maybe the thing that makes the SEC better is that there really isnt a let-down game, except maybe for Vandy or Kentucky. Other than that, you are against UF, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Alabama, and South Caroline, week in and week out. There are no easy games in the SEC. Every week you are playing against the best talent in the nation.....

I love my Bulls as much as the next guy, and I am by no means an SEC appologist, but the SEC is just a better, tougher, more talented conference.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

pretty much everyone agrees that the SEC is THE best football conference.

I wouldn't put the Big East on top just yet guys-- Big 10, Pac-10 are still way ahead of the Big East-- despite the rankings. Based on shear numbers of fans in the stands alone that should be clear.

The ACC is slipping-- we may have nudged ahead of them as a conference-- which is the most ironic of all things to have to say.

Tougher shcedules will come eventually smazza. We're just learning to crawl at this point. SOmeday, we will run.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

wv's soft schudle isnt getting them love

WVU has 2 First Place votes ... USC has ...   8-)

And I hate it when my "schudle" is soft and without love  ;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Maybe the thing that makes the SEC better is that there really isnt a let-down game, except maybe for Vandy or Kentucky.

Miss St also  :P

I do not like playing these lower level teams either, but I would much rather play these teams at home(the 1AA buy games) then travel away for 1 big game and no return date.

We have series with Miami, Mich. St & NC St.

I agree with a certain policy of not taking pay games.

Teams do not want to visit RayJay for the chance of losing to us ... simple!

Anything can happen with future schedules.

Many on here do not think we can win the Big East, so these schedules help us have better records and bowl chance games which produce a national viewing auduence(and don't dump on last years bowl - 1 game does not make a marketing study).

I would much rather hear that arguement of USF undefeated in a "weaker" conference than a USF team with 3 losses to very good ranked teams.

PAC 10 is not a strong conference.

When we are expected to win the conference, then we will have a better chance of getting teams to visit Tamplona.

Go BULLS !!!